trail riding mods

hey guys im new to the site and banshees i picked up a 04 limited adition shee all stoke except for a set of t6 pipes and its jetted for just the pipes not sure what size jets but im looking to make it a aggressive trail riding and insane hill climbing quad but dont want it to fast where i have to keep getting out of the power band like my buddies extremely built shee so can you guys help me out with some advice on the better types of mods i can do to get what i am looking for and as far as budget i can go along ways

some of the most common mods are

pipes but you already got some

advancing the timing

porting

cool head with like 19 or 20cc domes depending on your elevation and if you want to run race fuel or not.

some bigger carbs

some vforce reeds

if money goes along way then you can look into stroking it +4 mil stroker crank

some of the most common mods are

pipes but you already got some

advancing the timing

porting

cool head with like 19 or 20cc domes depending on your elevation and if you want to run race fuel or not.

some bigger carbs

some vforce reeds

if money goes along way then you can look into stroking it +4 mil stroker crank

my elevation is around a 1000ft and i would rather not run race fuel so what size domes should i be looking at and what kind of cool head would work best for me cause i hear all of them are about the same

i dont know shit about elevation and domes vs race fuel or not. as for the cool head can't go wrong with a noss head or a chariot head ive used both and both are excellent pieces. but you should be fine with 19's but ask around.

and like the other guy said you can look at suspension and a arms and shit after you do some of the motor mods.

Here's what I've done for the same type of machine ...True/welded crank, Wiseco Pro-lite pistons, Agressive trail ported cylinders, Pro-Design cool head w/ 20cc domes, Ported/polished reed cages (by me), Boyesen Dual stage carbon fiber reeds, +4 Timing, Tusk clutch kit w/ 3 HD springs 3 stock springs, Toomey T-5's, Ceramic coated cylinders, Custom painted pipes/silencers, cleaned/slightly polished case, Billet impeller, cleaned up/lightened frame, cut fenders, Some other polished stuff...

first things first, i would get 4 real tires, cover the bottom in skidplates, and get a new front end (shocks and wider arms), then worry about going faster..if this is trail riding, you will be able to go alot faster on a bike with better suspension and good tires, then a bike with 20 more hp, with stock suspension and bald tires

I have a stock suspension bike, with a 4+ timing, PTR mids, Boysen stock replacement power reeds and nice tires. It is down right mean on the trails. Hangs the tires nice when I want to, goes like a banshee when i want to. I jumps just fine for what I do, which is very agressive trails. I think most think that parts make a machine fast. Make the motor make power where you want it, in this case low to mid (ptr mids are amazing pipes for this, my buddy with toomeys is getting rid of his pipes for these due to the nice trail power) and then spend the rest on riding it hard and practicing. You will find its weaknesses then and fix those to suit yourself.