Seeking info from Hyabusa owners ....

lowbuckracing

Did you like the bike?Do or have you also owned other bikes and how does these compare.Ive ridden some nice harleys but never a busa..Looking at a 2007 still at the dealers for 9500..Brand new still.Any info and first hand knowledge would be great..Thanks JB

Did you like the bike?Do or have you also owned other bikes and how does these compare.Ive ridden some nice harleys but never a busa..Looking at a 2007 still at the dealers for 9500..Brand new still.Any info and first hand knowledge would be great..Thanks JB

Drove a Hyabusa Rail today, when that fucker hit 7k RPM, hold the fuck on all the way to 12k!!! Can't imagine that engine in a bike, I wouldn't want one that fast :blink:

Yea man, bussa is a bad ass bike,very fast but depends on what kind of riding. Stock busa out of the box is tech the 2nd fsatest, 1st is the zx14 but love suzuki rockets. now you put up a gsxr 1000 with aftermarket headerand pipe(factory has a restrictor) against a busa with after market header and pipe. the 1000 is going to win cause of the weight.im not sure your size but im 195 and the busa is great for long trips doesent hert the back very smooth, fast ect.bad shit is the hndleing.you come into a corner at 100 and dont know the road you will prob eat it!.

1000 you have alot more control on the corners also the busa is very top hevy.my bike+ 8 swinger with michilin 195 pilot power tires it just stuck when i needed it to. if you do get a bike i highly rec those tires. But the 1000 is a bad machine. Turbo jonny from joilet IL who ownes exotic cycle probl still has the fastest time he rsn a 7.70s in the quarter mile on a turbo charged gsxr 1000 just to put it in perspective.

The busa is a great bike,i have rode all the sport bike except for the new zx14 and they are all kick ass but the busa is real nice very smoth.

here is my picks in order,im a speed nut so it goes from speed to comfort

gsxr1000

zx-9

bussa

R-1

gsxr-750

zx-7

im not much of a honda guy and any thing under 695 cc,s just a waste of money LOL

I got 3 bikes, 07 Ninja zx6r, 2005 gsxr 750, and a 2004 ninja ZX10r. My boy has a busa. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! Fuck a BUSA. If you like to turn at all it sux, fucking thing is a Boat with wheels. Its not that muck faster than a 1k and turns like a tank. Get a 750 or a 1k. you will thank me later. BTW I have over 120,000 miles on my bikes. My 04 10r has a 2 stroke feel when it comes alive at 6500 rpm. The bike is so bad in 05 they de-tuned WAY back. Find an 04 ninja 10R for about 4k and spend the rest on gear. Helmet, leathers, gloves, some Sidi boots, and a few track days. Talk to me when the perma-smile relaxes and you can talk. :laugh:

I'd go with a gixxer and slap a turbo on that bitch and let it rip. I hate Busa's they are ugly as hell and heavy.

A turbo on a street bike is useless unless you plan on running from the law or killing yourself. Now Drag racing is a diff story. I have 10+ years on 2 wheels with road under them. A 600 for the average Ryder has more potential than MOST will ever use or know about. A 600CC SS bike has an average weight of 330 lbs and a RWHP of 110-125 Way more than enough to kill yourself. I hope this helps as I know its the Cool factor, NO ONE looks cool dead, or road rashed from head to toe.

You can never have too much power lol . You just have to have some common sense on using it. You could kill yourself on a moped if you dont have any sense. Yes the turbo would be more for the strip.

I have owned 3 BUSA's over the years. it sounds like you guys are small little fellas that cant turn a bike. I go to the track and walk around all you guy IN THE CORNERS too. my rear tire is BUBBLING on the side wall from cornering so hard in the hair pins. I have a video of me with proof from my dash cam.

its all personal prefrance to me. the zx14 IS NOT the fastest bike out there, it shares that spot with the busa.. I have rode both. its really the rider when it comes down it.

there pretty much identical bikes.

my .02

I will give you my ZX10 if you can WALK past me in a hair pin. Sorry bro but I Dont Think So. I race on the national level. but what do I know. Busa is a poser bike. If its such a good track bike why is there not a factory production track bike?

Its all about personal pref. I am by no means a small guy. 220 lbs is far from small. I just dont like a busa. Its like taking a 10+ swinger to an MX track, sure you can do it but your gona bust your balls to get it done.

Edited by TexasBansheeMan

NO WAY IN HELL , can a busa keep up with a 750,1000,zx -7-10 in the corners. to much weight. and if you do weigh 225-250-300 what ever and you can put some weight into it around the corners still busa has alot more weight to it by itself + you have a guy that weighs 225-250-300 lbs that takes away from speed and accel. you look at the guys that have the fastest times on the track, they are ala smaller guys. why cause less weight is more in the world of racing.

lowbuckracing- Here is something for you to check out. turbo johnny runs two bike a busa and a gsxr1000. the busa ran a 790,s and his 1000 ran a 760,S check it out. http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=3133&z=10

there is another artical about his gsxr1000 in there. i posted this cause you like the busa

well I hope if you are a national rider you would get me in the corners. lol

on all realness I just go to the track and race for fun only. I'm a HUGE guy. 350lbs. 6'5. I just thought I would bust yur balls a bit. no hard feelin's guys.

BUT I do have dash cam proof of me passing every one in the corners then slowing down agian in the straights so you 750's and 1000's can have something to chase. :evil:

Dopey.