yup...another jetting question

Is it possible to get a decent reading on a rich/lean mixture just by putting in new plugs and letting the bike idle for a minute...maybe open up the throttle a few times in neutral...pull the plugs and check?

The reason why I ask is because the closest place for me to get wide open on the throttle is at least an hour away.

I would rather go out running rich and lean down from there then go out and open up that bitch running lean.

I would ball park it and get it close to someone that has your mods and elev. Then do the fine tunning and chop.

Here is a good thread:

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99361

Looked thru all of it, but no one really runs pj's. or really has a similar set up.

I have a drag port, cool head with 20 cc domes,v force 3's, +4 timing, and some cpi inframes.

The carbs are 34mm pj's with 172 mains and cel needles on the 4rth clip. Screws turned 1.5 out.

Oh yeah....I do all of my riding out in superstition,glamis or gordon's well...I think that is sea level or 1 to 2 hundred feet above.

The reason why I ask is the throttle is crisp as fuck and scary responsive...which has me thinking I'm on the lean side and next thing you know....... KABOOM!!!!!!!

Sound lean to you? ANYBODY?????

You need a load on the motor when testing WOT. Lifting the back end wont really do it.

Letting the motor idle will only give a reading on the pilot jet, and you can check your pilot size with the airscrew.

Jet your mains close, maybe what you think is a little rich, and take spare jets with you next time you go riding. It does not take long to do some WOT runs and adjust jetting at your riding spot.