help jetting my 28 pwk please

hey guys went down to badlands and had trouble getting my carbs jetted right was cutting out lowend and the very top of every gear not sure what i should be running. the thing was running good the night before i ended up with 60 pilots and 180 mains then when i got there it was not running very good.

my mod list

trail port

trinity pipes

+4 timing

vforce reeds

20cc domes

28 pwk with pods

100 octane gas

I ran your same setup but with midrange pipes and I had a 50 pilot and 162 main. The needle is key in these carbs do a search to find out what is best I can't remember what I had off the top of my head. There is like a gazillion needle options with diffrent tapers alot of fine tuning possibilities there.

Did you come down one size at a time from 180? I always get it to the point of puking on itself and then back it down one size at a time until it cleans out. then run it and check the plug. I did the same thing at the Badlands and it ended up running pretty good. I think I'm running a 55 pilot on my 4 mill. Where is your air screw set at?

180 to 162 is a pretty big drop in jetting. i would make sure your carbs are synced first. my air screws on my 28 are about 1 3/4 turns out of seated snuggly. Jd might have the carb sync tool. you can do it by eye but its up to u. have you done a plug chop?

oh yeah and ur a-arms are badass nick.

thanks man i will check the air screw tom and as far as a plug chop where is the info to see what its suppossed to look like

ill find it dude. hold on i been lookin for it. go look at tits for a min in the general discussion room while ur waitin lol.

this one u have to scroll down till u find the big pic of the plug, but its pretty informative. almost to the bottom.

plug chop link #1

this one is ok

by the book way

i dont actually cut my plugs. i just look down in them to see wat they look like.

:thumbsup:

Edited by grizzly700