Any1 got experience of painting plastics?

Mickz30

I have a shee with white plastics,cant seem to get new white plastics anywhere!

So i now want to just paint my old 1s white again

Any body know how to prep the plastics,

What kinda paint to use and what to mix it with so it wont flake of in a month lol

Thanks

You can get new ones from maier but you have to buy them new... Why do you want to just paint them white? If your trying to refresh them you can sand them back to a new finish... you use like 500 grit then 1000 grit then like 2000 grit paper, I havn't done it but Im sure some that has will chime in

You can get new ones from maier but you have to buy them new... Why do you want to just paint them white? If your trying to refresh them you can sand them back to a new finish... you use like 500 grit then 1000 grit then like 2000 grit paper, I havn't done it but Im sure some that has will chime in

I'm going to be sanding my black plastics down as soon as I get my other mods done. Wet sand in a back and forth motion is what I've been reading, then use some polishing compound. I'll do some before and after pics. Problem with black is it shows every little scratch and swirl

ok this is how its done

1/ remove all decals

2/ clean off sticker glue with a wax and grease remover on a clean rag

3/ wipe off with another clean rag

4/ use a brillo pad and scuff the whole surface so there is no more "shine" on the plastics

5/ use more wax and grease remover on a "clean" rag

6/ wipe dry with clean rag

7/ shoot the plastics with adhesive promoter

8/ let it dry and shoot them again

9/ paint plastics your desired color

10/ let paint flash and repeat 2-4 times

11/ wetsand paint flat....... this is not really necessary just looks better

12/ shoot it with clear coat

13 / repeat 2-3 times

14 wetsand and then buff the clear to shine!!!!!

and there you go that's how it should be done. or you can bust out the old spray can and let her have it ......... " i wouldent suggest it though!"

ok this is how its done

1/ remove all decals

2/ clean off sticker glue with a wax and grease remover on a clean rag

3/ wipe off with another clean rag

4/ use a brillo pad and scuff the whole surface so there is no more "shine" on the plastics

5/ use more wax and grease remover on a "clean" rag

6/ wipe dry with clean rag

7/ shoot the plastics with adhesive promoter

8/ let it dry and shoot them again

9/ paint plastics your desired color

10/ let paint flash and repeat 2-4 times

11/ wetsand paint flat....... this is not really necessary just looks better

12/ shoot it with clear coat

13 / repeat 2-3 times

14 wetsand and then buff the clear to shine!!!!!

and there you go that's how it should be done. or you can bust out the old spray can and let her have it ......... " i wouldent suggest it though!"

ya this sounds good just make sure to fill in all those little scratches with either coats of primer or some glazing putty wet sand smooth with 400-600 grit whipe it down with alky and tack cloth and shoot it take your time it will be worth it I just did my white plastics last week spent around 12 hours start to finish

^^Glazing putty or filler dont sit over plastic -- Thats they make speaders out of plastic for ...????

The one guy above had it right ....... Ihowever used a 2K sealer with mine while adding a flex agent ,, You dont need it in the base as much as the clear but go ahead & add some in the basecoat - Make sure you add itin the clear too -Maybe a little more than suggested /just in case

Urethanes are pretty good flexing naturally but ,,, In cold or a sharp crease - Almost anything will chip off