Coal Fest 2009

I just started a new thread on my site about it. The dates are june 19th 20th and 21st. Location is Treverton p.a aka "coal hill" and surrounding areas. Feel free to discuss here or join in on my site once the discussion gets going. Everyone is welcome even you loco and mj :kiss:

I'd still like to see some details worked out like permits for riding and camping but I'm told you dont need to worry about it. There is so much woods, creeks etc to go deep into for camping noone will bother you. I've been there once myself and had no problems. Heading there this w/end to check out some camp sites in the hills and ride a little.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be warned ahead of time, while ive only been stopped ONCE out of about a dozen times there, it could have been an expensive day but the state trooper was nice to us and just said pack up and leave, you are technically supposed to have the permit through redington anthracite and i plan on buying one this year, one run in with the wrong state trooper out there because of somsone crashing, and it will cost alot more than the $100 the pass does for the year. ive since rode many times without any trouble, and with no pass, never had any problems, 2-3 day camping trips, but theres always that one time. especially on big weekends during the summer, if a ambulance or helicopter has to come, expect the state troopers to kick everyone out they see or catch, and possibly write fines. just a heads up. but ill be there most likely .. hoping to see loco shoot every hill there on his stock 450 with cut knarleys! :biggrin:

- if you are coming in from far out of town i wouldnt worry about it, just park far back in the woods and no one ever fucks with you, too much land to bother

Edited by Michael Jackson

I have a few pics below of what youll see on a good weekend. this were taken about a 5 min ride from coal hill. first pic was of a random explosion. a rocket landed on some mortars and set off 2 full sticks but luckily no one was hurt.

SWYDM-191759-9-751566.jpg

SWYDM-191759-1-665778.jpg

SWYDM-191759-5-665785.jpg

SWYDM-191759-6-665751.jpg

SWYDM-191759-17-665343.jpg

SWYDM-191759-14-665812.jpg

I'm heading up to coal hill tomorrow to meet matt. I'll shoot some videos of alot of the area where people can park, camp, ride etc so everyone has a better idea. Just got done getting ready for tomorrow so I'm ready to roll :thumbsup:

IMG_0819.jpg