Chargeing a battery on a banshee

Hi every1,im the new guy lol

Was just wondering i have a Banshee with a powervalve an it needs a battery to run it an the lights, i have to take the battery out after everytime i use the bike,and charge it manually from the mains!

Is there anyway of installing some kinda dyno to charge the battery,

Info on how to install and what i will need to do it would be appreciated

Thanks Michael!!!

Edited by Mickz30

pictures of your bike

Oh rite,il get pics up tomorrow maybe,the battery is actually positioned behind the front bumper,with a few wires leading to the lights an the powervalve at the exhaust,

Thats all they dont go anywhere else so i want to install sumthing to charge the battery

DC means Direct current. banshees stock are AC. the stator is located behind the black plastic cover on the left side of the engine case. maybe you should get a clymers manual. it explains a lot about the banshee. :thumbsup:

Stator only equipped electrical systems are AC current. Since your bike has a battery, it should already be DC from the factory. You do not have to convert anything. It sounds like you either have a dead cell in the battery, or a bad stator. The stator has two hot wires coming out of it. One goes to the ignition, and the other goes to the lights and probably to the power valve controller. You need to find both hot wires, and test the outputs to make sure they are charging. Also test the voltage regulator(s). Take the battery up to an auto part store. They can usually test the battery, to see if it needs replaced.

get you a batter tender. they are faily cheap. you hook in up in the bike. when your not riding all you have to do is plug it in and it will monitor and trickly charge(when needed). i have one on my sportbike, i love it. I will be puting one on the shee once i finish the dc conversion.