33 PWK idle screws

roboz

I just put new 33 pwk carbs on the shee, but i have the idle screws turned in all the way and no idle. The only way i can get it to idle is with the adjusters on top of the carbs. Does this sound right or am i missing something.

If correctly jetted and air screw position, and still no idle you might wanna shorten the springs behind the idle screws

If correctly jetted and air screw position, and still no idle you might wanna shorten the springs behind the idle screws

Bingo...we have a winner...

I would take the carb off, leave the top off...and just drop the slide in.

Look through the back, turn the idle screw in and see if it'll even raise the slide.

If not, as said...shorten that spring up. It should be able to lift the slide 1/16 to roughly 1/8...

I'm probably just overcautious, but, when you adjust the idle open the throttle up because the idles are made out of plastic, youll chinger up the plastic screw if the slides are in the way... Another reason you dont see anything happening on screw in if they are worn out...

Same problem. I just put 35mm A/S on mine. It won't idle either I'm spacing the cable to get it to idle at the moment. Will too big of a pilot keep it from idling? I'm going to try the spring thing also. There seems to be alot of spring in there.

Same problem. I just put 35mm A/S on mine. It won't idle either I'm spacing the cable to get it to idle at the moment. Will too big of a pilot keep it from idling? I'm going to try the spring thing also. There seems to be alot of spring in there.

Yeah there is alot of spring in there,but it didn't take much to get her to idle.Cut off a couple rings and hopefully it will work for you. Not sure on the pilot.