gear oil serviceing?

i cant seem to read my gear oil stick, what am i looking for, where are the marks that show the level of oil? how much and what kind of oil should i use? how often to change it?

asked the same question of how to read the gear oil stick, most people wont answer how and just make fun..

but anyway for the oil, just use 1400-1500ml of oil (i use 1450ml), or 1.5 quarts would be good.

the type of oil you want is Bel-ray gear saver 80wt, or Maxima MTL 80wt, any of those 2 are the best oils for your banshee.

or just use SAE10w-30 ( make sure it has no checmical additives for anti-friction), or just use some ATF type F which you can supposedly find at walmart

personally i change it after every 50 hours or riding or so, but if you want do it after every 30 hours would be better

Edited by blaster2006

asked the same question of how to read the gear oil stick, most people wont answer how and just make fun..

but anyway for the oil, just use 1400-1500ml of oil (i use 1450ml), or 1.5 quarts would be good.

the type of oil you want is Bel-ray gear saver 80wt, or Maxima MTL 80wt, any of those 2 are the best oils for your banshee.

or just use SAE10w-30 ( make sure it has no checmical additives for anti-friction), or just use some ATF type F which you can supposedly find at walmart

personally i change it after every 50 hours or riding or so, but if you want do it after every 30 hours would be better

Isnt that the truth... The typical replys are "Look at your service manual" or "Look at the dip stick". Lotta dickheads on here

The last 2-3 millimeters on your dipstick is what you measure by. Do not thread the dipstick in when you are checking it. Just place the dipstick onto the side cover. Like the guy above me said about 1.5 quarts. Anything that says "contains no friction modifiers" or "wet clutch compatible" on the bottle will work. Some people use trans fluid, some use gear oil, some use motor oil. Its all personal preference but I would definitely use a full synthetic.

Edited by jlsparky7

i use 2 qts of type f.. and change it after couple hard weekends of riding .. oil is cheap compared to what could happen..

wth 2 qts is way too much, im pretty sure the crankcase can only hold a maximum of 1700ml.. which is like 1.8qts...

they recommend you fill it up 1400-1500ml. so not more than 1.6 qts