any riders in Wa?

tallpaintball253

Ride the Oregon coast quite often. When are you going next?

Edited by YamahaMama

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone, I'm located in Maple Valley which is between Renton and Enumclaw. I just got a banshee a few months ago that was built by c&m and it was in terrible condition. Ran it for less than 2 hours and the left cylinder took a shit. Some weld he did in the bottom end crumbled and metal pieces were basically annihilating the inside of the case and made pits all over the top of the pistons. I took it to Cain Performance down in Spanaway and Alan is a real stand up guy and knows his shit. He got everything all fixed up and I'm waiting on my next paycheck to pay him for his work.

Was planning on going to dunefest this weekend but something came up and I won't be able to make it.

Anyone going on a weekend trip in august or september? I'd be down to come. My cousin has a kfx400 that we'd bring along too.

Here's a photo of my bike. When I get it back I'll be spraying everything matte black. Not a fan of the flashy stuff. :P

l_e1a470c3132148ff90c202b57e3bb529.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm located in Maple Valley which is between Renton and Enumclaw. I just got a banshee a few months ago that was built by c&m and it was in terrible condition. Ran it for less than 2 hours and the left cylinder took a shit. Some weld he did in the bottom end crumbled and metal pieces were basically annihilating the inside of the case and made pits all over the top of the pistons. I took it to Cain Performance down in Spanaway and Alan is a real stand up guy and knows his shit. He got everything all fixed up and I'm waiting on my next paycheck to pay him for his work.

Was planning on going to dunefest this weekend but something came up and I won't be able to make it.

Anyone going on a weekend trip in august or september? I'd be down to come. My cousin has a kfx400 that we'd bring along too.

Here's a photo of my bike. When I get it back I'll be spraying everything matte black. Not a fan of the flashy stuff. :P

l_e1a470c3132148ff90c202b57e3bb529.jpg

I think we are going to Coos Bay around August 21st.

That C&M guy is a tool. You must of been looking for people on craigslist to fix the bike.

I have seen the Cain performance guys ads, but the fact he couldn't spell kind of made me wonder about him.

Did you know there are 3 motor guys between buckley and bonney lake? One of them is super well known.

I think we are going to Coos Bay around August 21st.

That C&M guy is a tool. You must of been looking for people on craigslist to fix the bike.

I have seen the Cain performance guys ads, but the fact he couldn't spell kind of made me wonder about him.

Did you know there are 3 motor guys between buckley and bonney lake? One of them is super well known.

Yeah, I was worried at first too, but building motors doesn't involve passing a spelling test.

He showed me his drag bike he built himself and some of his customers bikes which pretty much cleared up my hesitation.

He use to work for Northwest Custom Sand Toys, so he's not just some random dude that decided to start grinding on shit like c&m.

Anyways, who are the 3 guys and do you have experience working with them? Do they have websites or anything?

Yeah, I was worried at first too, but building motors doesn't involve passing a spelling test.

He showed me his drag bike he built himself and some of his customers bikes which pretty much cleared up my hesitation.

He use to work for Northwest Custom Sand Toys, so he's not just some random dude that decided to start grinding on shit like c&m.

Anyways, who are the 3 guys and do you have experience working with them? Do they have websites or anything?

I dont know if your aware of this, but there are formulas for calculating exhaust duration, transfer duration, etc.... If the dude can't even spell, how is he going to be able to do math? NW custom sand toys isn't anything to be bragging about, those guys were tools.

The three other guys around here are Dan from Patriot Racing, Dave from ILR Performance, and me. You can google the companies.

I dont know if your aware of this, but there are formulas for calculating exhaust duration, transfer duration, etc.... If the dude can't even spell, how is he going to be able to do math? NW custom sand toys isn't anything to be bragging about, those guys were tools.

The three other guys around here are Dan from Patriot Racing, Dave from ILR Performance, and me. You can google the companies.

I guess you're right. He was explaining all of that duration stuff to me but I've only worked on my ford ranger so I don't really know about all this 2 stroke stuff.

Anyways, I have heard of patriot racing but I didn't know they were from around here.

I'll have to dig a little deeper and see what kind of work each company does.

Sound like you dont like anyone you dont work directly with. I Met Marty from nothwest CST and seems like a good guy. They build some badass drag bikes and sweet play bikes. Ya kinda arrogent but hes going to help me get my shop going. Hes set up for all the parts distrubuters already and hes going too get me all the catologs i need to order all my stuff through him until i have a storefront. From what i understand most places wont let you sell there products if your just working out of your home shop like i am. I may be wrong but getting parts at cost plus 10% seems good for me for the time being. Its all us small timers that could use the help and knowledge of these guys that are already established to get us up and running and create a good following also.

Ill be at sandlake labor day weekend if anyone is going to be there hit me up. :cool:

Well, I have been in custom Sand toys and it seemed to me they were kind of a shady looking company from what I could tell. The owner had a pitbull in his parts showroom, and there were about 5 little gang banger punks cussing up a storm in there as well. I dont care who you are, thats just bad business practice. I have never seen anything from that shop really do anything amazing going up the drag strip either. The bikes may look cool and pretty, but they aren't fast. Its hard to believe they're motor guy is educated enough to really accurately calculate things like port durations, when he can't even spell "Build" right.

The guy at C&M built a 10 mill cub motor, rode it himself, and I watched two Twister 4mill cub motors stomp a mud hole in his ass a few moths ago. Again, a guy who makes nice looking bikes, but not fast bikes.

Everyone who builds banshees think they make fast bikes, everyone has something to say about how other companies do it the wrong way. When you actually go out and watch these bikes, thats what tells you who is doing it right and wrong. Cause then all the talk goes out the window, and the builders skills are what wins the races. These guys may be able to build something decent because they have built it over and over time and time again. However, you almost always see them mis-matching the parts, recommending the same things for different types of motors, over carberutoring setups, and using the entirely wrong pipes for what the motor is doing. I have worked with Patriot Racing and ILR Performance, because they know what they are doing. I trust Dan and Dave with even my own stuff. They both do Dyno testing, they ride, and they can spell.

You dont have to be a full fledge shop to get good parts deals. You just have to be a full fledge shop to get a distributorship set up for shitty companies like tucker rock, and parts unlimited. I use Cascade, if you buy enough stuff, they will always help you out.

Well, I have been in custom Sand toys and it seemed to me they were kind of a shady looking company from what I could tell. The owner had a pitbull in his parts showroom, and there were about 5 little gang banger punks cussing up a storm in there as well. I dont care who you are, thats just bad business practice. I have never seen anything from that shop really do anything amazing going up the drag strip either. The bikes may look cool and pretty, but they aren't fast. Its hard to believe they're motor guy is educated enough to really accurately calculate things like port durations, when he can't even spell "Build" right.

The guy at C&M built a 10 mill cub motor, rode it himself, and I watched two Twister 4mill cub motors stomp a mud hole in his ass a few moths ago. Again, a guy who makes nice looking bikes, but not fast bikes.

Everyone who builds banshees think they make fast bikes, everyone has something to say about how other companies do it the wrong way. When you actually go out and watch these bikes, thats what tells you who is doing it right and wrong. Cause then all the talk goes out the window, and the builders skills are what wins the races. These guys may be able to build something decent because they have built it over and over time and time again. However, you almost always see them mis-matching the parts, recommending the same things for different types of motors, over carberutoring setups, and using the entirely wrong pipes for what the motor is doing. I have worked with Patriot Racing and ILR Performance, because they know what they are doing. I trust Dan and Dave with even my own stuff. They both do Dyno testing, they ride, and they can spell.

You dont have to be a full fledge shop to get good parts deals. You just have to be a full fledge shop to get a distributorship set up for shitty companies like tucker rock, and parts unlimited. I use Cascade, if you buy enough stuff, they will always help you out.

Huh. Right on well Marty hasnt done me wrong yet and i also havent visited his shop. He was at dunefest this year and had a few bikes there and they did really well in the drags. Like i mentioned before ive just decided to start a shop and will take all the advice and help i can get. I favor no one better than the other. None of us know everything about building a banshee and we can all learn a thing or two from each other. I give everyone a chance but as soon as you screw me once i'll write you off for good. Ive learned a few tricks from you from your posts and you seem to be the number cruncher type that knows specs and squishes and all that. I like to learn from trial and error and will never claim to be the best or have the fastest or best. I just want too have fun and let others have fun on cool bikes and a friendly person too work with and learn from. Lets get together and ride and bs sometime. your not far from me. :cool:

Ps dont take anything i said personaly. I wasnt callin you out but i tend too call em as i see em. just how i am dude. you are a very knowlegable person.