shifting issues

tidos76

We went to the river today. all in all i had a good time. I found out i need bigger paddles but thats not the big problem.

I have never had a problem shifting when i drag race. I rarely missed a gear. Today was a different story. I'd launch in 2nd. full throttle clutch shift to 3rd, full throttle shift clutch to 3rd,ummmm let off roll out of the way sayin wtf!!!

so on the return trip to the starting like i go about 1/2 throttle up to 5th. NO problems at all.

so next trip down launch in 2nd,full throttle shift clutch to 3rd, NO throttle clutch, shift, STILL IN 3RD!!

The motor will shift fine as long as I dont speed shift. i can be on hit hard. just take a lil time to shift, and it works fine.

Any ideas?

oh and its a stock trany. no shift star, no override(i wish), r6 clutch, hensen<sp> basket.

few things to check. first check the adjustment on the shift lever inside the case next to the star{ in repair manuel} next check the shift rod wear its grabing the star. had one barly grabing it when shifting to next gear but down shift was fine. had to put in vise and bend it a little bit to put it back in the center of the star. hope it helps, it alot easier to show it then write it out.