Fox Shox

yamaholic125

Through work i can nab a set of Fox Float X Evo's for $560/pair (canadian), now these specific Shocks are for our 4 stroke yamaha sleds....but my measurements say they will fit and according to Fox they will put up with i abuse i intend on bistowing on them....my question is does any one run Fox shocks? if so how do youi like them and post pics if you got them...

BTW im going to run them with my newly ordered YFZ450 a-arms

Through work i can nab a set of Fox Float X Evo's for $560/pair (canadian), now these specific Shocks are for our 4 stroke yamaha sleds....but my measurements say they will fit and according to Fox they will put up with i abuse i intend on bistowing on them....my question is does any one run Fox shocks? if so how do youi like them and post pics if you got them...

BTW im going to run them with my newly ordered YFZ450 a-arms

Fox shocks need to be ordered for a specific application more so that other shocks. While the spring rate is very adjustable due to the gas spring concept, it also means the valving is setup for the loading of that air spring by the designed application.

In other words, if you buy shocks for something else than a Banshee, you have a greatly increased chance of having a pogo stick on your hands, unless of course the weight and motion ratio for the other application happen to be very similar to a Banshee........... I don't know much about sled suspension to make an itelligent comparison. :geek:

I think the ones he are talking about are the fox floats the are an air shock and are adjustable on the fly with the pump... I think they will work pretty well, I am probably going to run them when I get to my suspension... I only know of one person on here that has them and he said he likes them when her first got it.

those are them....i am going with the sled shocks because as i meassured them (on the sled) they sit 1 inche longer than factory YFZ shocks...now from what i read the YFZ arms on the banshee cause a 1" ground clearance loss...therefore i figure add a shock that is 1" longer and that loss should be compinsated correct?

those are them....i am going with the sled shocks because as i meassured them (on the sled) they sit 1 inche longer than factory YFZ shocks...now from what i read the YFZ arms on the banshee cause a 1" ground clearance loss...therefore i figure add a shock that is 1" longer and that loss should be compinsated correct?

It's not really about the height or length, it's about the mass being suspended and the motion ratio of the suspension.

Like I said before, I am not sure if the sled and the Banshee setup are similar here, but I am guessing they might not be. :geek:

all i can really tell you is i beat my bike hard. the trails around me are pretty rough. the trains tracks i ride on have this woop section that it killer and they seem to do great or them and when i land from jump they work great. im a heavy dude too but they work great for me.

Have you ever ridden another bike in that area with an aftermarket suspension designed for that specific application? (I am trying to find some sort of comparison that other might understand). :geek: