Got my cylinders back from Porting

lambchop

This is my first machine ever having any port work done other than a clean-up. This guy mostly does Harleys and thumpers, but said he has done some Banshees. Any think look out of the norm?

post-31134-1234972093.jpg

post-31134-1234972165.jpg

not bad. Alittle ruff if u ask me. No boost port drilling?

Is the Boost port drilling those "worm holes"? What does it do for performance. I don't want a full on Dune machine as I do plan on doing some trail riding, but still want to smoke thumpers!!

What exactly are you guys looking for, and what is the author of this post looking for everyone to say? Portwork cannot be determined by just looking at the cylinders. There are port heights and widths that need to be measured to tell what someone did. All that looks like right now is that someone went in and ground on the intakes and the transfers, then knifed the intake bridge.

haha i dont kno much about porting lol i was just saying they look uneven is than normal also if they are uneven wouldnt that make one side run hotter/colder leaner/richer ... u whould think .... just a ? not trying to start a fight :thumbsup:

What exactly are you guys looking for, and what is the author of this post looking for everyone to say? Portwork cannot be determined by just looking at the cylinders. There are port heights and widths that need to be measured to tell what someone did. All that looks like right now is that someone went in and ground on the intakes and the transfers, then knifed the intake bridge.

x2..did he even touch the exhaust??

Obviously the port heights and width are what determines the porting but you can just tell by looking at a set like this that not much measurement was used. Just broke out the dremel and ported by eye

Edited by drap660

Exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't appear to be widened or timing changed.

EDIT: IMO, it looks like a 4-stroke porters work. LOL Not that its bad, but power comes from changing the things mentioned above, not from just cleanup work and air flow. 4-stroke porting is all about the airflow.

Edited by jinx44

Yes they are the worm holes. I use them on my trail banshee, they help a bit. What other mods do you have?

T5 pipes and silencers, factory carbs, 66.5 bore, stock stroke with HotRod crank, stock cages Boyesen carbon reed petals, planning on going with a K&B filter setup with factory airbox (good/bad?), and looking to have the heads worked on but might just buy a dome setup.

Obviously the port heights and width are what determines the porting but you can just tell by looking at a set like this that not much measurement was used. Just broke out the dremel and ported by eye

He told me what he did but I can't remember the numbers. I will call him and get him to tell me the exact measurements he used.

T5 pipes and silencers, factory carbs, 66.5 bore, stock stroke with HotRod crank, stock cages Boyesen carbon reed petals, planning on going with a K&B filter setup with factory airbox (good/bad?), and looking to have the heads worked on but might just buy a dome setup.

i would go with pods if u have a port unless u get into water and mud n stuff then i would just loose the lid with a k&n