95 compression on both cylinders

If the bike is running good and you have no other reason to suspect a problem and both cylinders are within 5 or so psi of each other I personally would probably call it good enough.

I would have to disagree. Being 35lbs off from OEM specs is cause for inspection. The first things I would want to know is what kind oc comp gauge was used. The cheapy ones are notorious for showing low numbers. If the comp is indeed low, it should be opened "before" it pops. That is, if you want to save the crank.

Brandon

x2 :shoothead:

If all the infor checks out alright, and it is truly low compression...rebuild that beast...

I agree completely with "blowit."

Rebuild it before engine failure...or it's going to be way more expensive and a PITA down the road...

$300 and 2 weeks @ Herr Jugz...

i removed both spark plugs, its a star products tu-3 universal compression tester, i held the throttle wide open, she hit exactly 90 on both cylinders, im basically at sea level,maybe 50ft up ahha, the bike hauls ass still, i just yesterday i ran faster than a outlaw 525 piped and jetted and she was 09, just wondering if a fresh top end would make her faster? or "if it aint broke dont fix it".....also how much should i get her bored out, what pistons? is there anything else that i would have to change to compensate with the new hp? thanks !!

i removed both spark plugs, its a star products tu-3 universal compression tester, i held the throttle wide open, she hit exactly 90 on both cylinders, im basically at sea level,maybe 50ft up ahha, the bike hauls ass still, i just yesterday i ran faster than a outlaw 525 piped and jetted and she was 09, just wondering if a fresh top end would make her faster? or "if it aint broke dont fix it".....also how much should i get her bored out, what pistons? is there anything else that i would have to change to compensate with the new hp? thanks !!

I am seriously wondering about your tester. "universal" scares me. Can you post a pic of the tip of it that goes into the head? I am looking for long threads and a schrader valve in the tip. Without those, your test is worthless.

Boring is simply to clean the bore up if damaged. Not going to get much from it. Without knowing your mods, no idea what else to tell you.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it".......If it ain't broke and it truly is down 35-40psi on comp, it soon will be. Either your tester or engine need help.

Brandon

Edited by blowit

ill try to get a pic later on tonight of the tip, my bike is 04 she has fmf gold series sst pipes powercore 2 silencers, k and n filter, i got vf3 reeds comming with boost bottle and amr stage 3 rev box...shes been jetted, has 1/4 reed spacers, other than that shes all stock...

BOOST BOTTLE!!! WTF