Water impeller bearings

I scored on a polished up clutch cover. I noticed that it is the older style because of the bearings in the water impeller mount. The case of my 06 has a way nicer bearing set up.

I noticed that spin in the impeller is not as smooth and the white gear has some stress marks on the backside where it locks into the little rod.

Spent some coin on a billet water impeller and don't want to defeat the whole purpose with an inferior bearing set up.

Can the bearings be switched out?

I scored on a polished up clutch cover. I noticed that it is the older style because of the bearings in the water impeller mount. The case of my 06 has a way nicer bearing set up.

I noticed that spin in the impeller is not as smooth and the white gear has some stress marks on the backside where it locks into the little rod.

Spent some coin on a billet water impeller and don't want to defeat the whole purpose with an inferior bearing set up.

Can the bearings be switched out?

yes. i do not remember the size but, i used a socket to push the bearing and seal

out of the cover. replace the seal and bearing.

yes. i do not remember the size but, i used a socket to push the bearing and seal

out of the cover. replace the seal and bearing.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I did mine last spring, bought a PD billet impeller for $70 from Cascade and got the bearing and seal from my local yamaha stealership for like 40 bucks for both...that damn two way seal was like 25 bucks alone, but its worth the piece of mind to know its all brand new and good to go for a while. I also used a socket and hammer to tap the old ones out and with a little grease the new ones pushed right in with my hands. Should be a piece of cake...good luck. :beer: