LEAD PAINT ISSUE************

You can Thank BUSH!! :banghead:

As of Tuesday, February 10th, 2009, the small powersports industry has all but been shut down. This affects not only dealers and new units but individuals all across the U.S. New and used units as well as parts avilability for every used unit in the nation has been called under question. This issue is far reaching not only financially but also concerning safety. With the suspension of proper sized ATV's and motorcycles suspended, young riders will be tempted to use improperly sized and built machines which could (but Lord willing won't) lead to severe injuries.

There is a waiver now setting before the Consumer Product Safety Commission in Washington DC, but has not been acted upon as of yet. We need every available rider, Mother, Father, Grandmother, Grandfather, Aunt, Uncle and any relative, friend neighbor, business or personal contact or any person who is a legal us citizen to get involved. They need to access this website, read the sample letter, type in their name and addresss then click the "send a letter on my behalf" icon below it. This will generate correspondence to all the committee members in Washington that are on the committee that oversee the commission that could act upon this. The commission members as well as my office will also receive copies of the letters set so we can be the most effective voice we that we can. The sport as well as the industry is in turmoil and time is short. The future of small powersports is at risk! PLEASE ACT NOW!!

yeah this is TOTAL BULL SHIT!!!!!!!

We have to yank ALL children quads and bikes(childrens products 12yrs. and younger) off our floor and if we do sell on (which we cant) theres a 1850 dollar up to 1.825 MILLION fine. on Aug. 14 2009 the fine will increase to 100,000. per violation and up to 15 MILLION for a series of violations.

WTF!!! Like we need it ANY more harder to sell units.

BTW I'm the sales manager here at grovesmotorsports.com

hers the real kicker...

Does the lead used in these products pose any health risks??

NO- As lead and other elemnts are trapped in the alloeyd material, the ONLY way for it to be released into the human body is by directly ingesting pieces of it through the mouth, assuming the alloy could be digested. Lead content standards applicable in EUROPE allow 2,000ppm, and even PLUMBING fixtures in the U.S. are allowed to have content MUCH higher than than now imposed by the CPSIA for childrens products.

Private party sales??

no law applicable for this.

Can-Am just raised there age limit from 12 to 13 yrs. old on there DS90 quads to bypass this on that model.

any other questions you have post them up and I will TRY to answer them to the best of my abilities.

please STICKY THIS TOPIC.

ALSO*****

PLEASE go to this wbsite and sign up.

http://www.tomself.com/

I worked with the dealers for 5 yrs. I know how you feel. TOTAL BS factor here. Very tricky wording to sell small ATVs. They are now trying to back door this deal with lead..... :down: What a bunch of tool boxes they are. I have included a link of something I wrote about the subject years ago. This never really seems to affect dirk bikes though. They must be safer........

Not trying to bash the sport here but one of the things that burns my ass is when someone puts their 8yo on their banshee and says, look, they can ride it!!!!! Yeah, until they give it a little too much and do a face plant into the ground. I really think some people need to be checked for sanity for some of this. As we always said, you might as well give your 8yo a shot gun because it is the same level of danger and ignorance.

The government can't protect themselves from themselves and the wrong people for the job. AND, if good old "GOD" man Obama gets his way, we will not be able to buy fire arms either.

http://mullengineering.com/t1.cfm

Brandon

Edited by blowit

I worked with the dealers for 5 yrs. I know how you feel. TOTAL BS factor here. Very tricky wording to sell small ATVs. They are now trying to back door this deal with lead..... :down: What a bunch of tool boxes they are. I have included a link of something I wrote about the subject years ago. This never really seems to affect dirk bikes though. They must be safer........

http://mullengineering.com/t1.cfm

this effect 125cc 4pokes dirtbikes too!!!

basicly ANY machine that a 12 yr old and YOUNGER can touch.

would it have not been easier to put in a law simialr to oregons that makes sure children must properly fit there quad that way even if the parent wants there 8 year old to ride a banshee there gonna get one hell of a ticket. I for one am glad the way oregon is making laws maybe if the idiots running this country would think about what was working in the states they govern they could make more educated decisions.

How about this theory:

Honda/Yamaha lobbies for new law to restrict lead in atv's because the cheepo china garbage atvs are full of lead (have way more than a jap unit)

Law gets passed but is too broad and encompasses even the quality products.

Eco nazi's find the stipulation and use it to their advantage to block all ATV sales to kids. This has nothing to do with lead and everything to do with banning our right to ride. Eco nazis could care less about the children. In fact, I am certain the econazis are all for the end of the human race (except for those in favor of saving mother earth)

It is really too bad that the eco nazis don't understand that all of this (the entire universe) is going to cease to exist someday. By no fault of man.

We (humans) ARE Noah and we have to get off this god-forsake rock asap. If that involves making the average joe happy so he has a will to keep living, reciprocating the economy, so the rocket scientists can gain enough tax money to get us us the hell out of here before it is too late, more power to 'em!!! :blink:

i am going to side with the government on this one , they are trying to keep lead out of young kids hands , i dont blame them . lead fucks kids up . i know that kids cant get lead poisoning from the bikes engine cases but where do they start bending the law "certain types of toys should be allowed ?" fuck no , if anything a kid touches has lead in it then its against the law .

i blame the manufactures , they can make them without lead but it probably cost more , they didnt think the law would effect them and they got burnt when it did .

for all you guys that think this is a big conspiracy by the government to hold people down by not letting kids ride , you are just plain out fucking crazy . you probably also believe in bigfoot and UFO's and shit like that .

i was at the local dealership today and yamaha is still selling 50's , hondas and eton were not beeing sold though . they told me honda and eton told they to take them off the floor but yamaha told them to keep on selling them and not to worry .

the dealer alao told me that honda told them that the mini's will be back very soon .

I think it's all a big fucking scam! Lets go hang some Eco-Nazis!!!!!!

I wanna see the proof that the lead in the bike,parts, accessories is actually harming any kid more then sitting in front of the tv or a videogame getting fat off McDonalds! I wanna see where actual kids have died or are handicapped because of the "so called LEAD" in these bikes, parts, accessories!!!

It's all a big gimic to control us and one more step tward "Communist America"!!!! We must fight this and we must win! You will take away our quads and our kids quads over our cold dead bodies

Edited by Dick Wheels