Guys with blue plastics ITT

Nick_R_23

Seat cover colors  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im going to recover the seat on my banshee. Its going to be all one color, and Im thinking about doing it in blue or black. I have all blue plastics, silver frame/swinger/a-arms/rims. Would you guys do blue or black or even another color with this setup?? If you have a shee with blue plastics, you can throw up a pic of it that shows the seat, Id like to see what it'd look like before I went and bought materials. Thanks!

-Nick

I would have to say black as well. Mine is the stocker seat with blue plastics. It has black sides and a blue top. I think an all blue seat would be too much blue. I like the way the black sets it off plus i think black seats may be more forgiving in terms of showing wear and tear but i could be wrong about that.

Black it is then!! :beer:

This is by far the hardest seat Ive ever recovered, very tricky to get the wrinkles out and wrap the cover around the corners. Heat helped a ton in this situation. Foam was good, a little damp but it dried overnight. Only part that needed a little buildup was one of the rear corners (had to cut off some moss growing there) so I put a small bit of foam and used the Mosh's tape trick and you cant even tell its there!! Took forever and no less then a million tries to get all the wrinkles out but Im pretty happy with the results!!

GEDC0401.jpg

GEDC0402.jpg

GEDC0404.jpg

What do you think??

-Nick

Thanks for the compliments guys! Its not a pre-sewn cover, its just a raw sheet of marine vinyl from a fabrics store. Ive done a few seats before but like I said this one was by far the hardest one yet, because of the corners/wave and the tall front. My uncle used to do this for a living and Ive gotten tips from other guys who are pros at this so that helps out a lot. It starts to get easier once you do a few, and kind of pick up on certain tricks.

-Nick

Before with the ugly purple cover with black paint all over it:

GEDC0386.jpg

After with the new cover:

GEDC0406.jpg

I have a blue tank and rad covers coming so those pink ones will be off soon.

-Nick

No idea on the handlebars...thats what was on there when I bought it. I know its not meant for the banshee as the adjustment slits on the bar sticks out past the handlebar clamps. I do like the feel of them though.

Im not going to cut the front plastics since I need all the coverage I can get on the trails up here!! Plus Im not a big fan of cut plastics myself, I have an 86 200x with cut rears and I wish they hadent been cut. If I rode in the sand I might consider cutting them. I like the look of them on your machine though, looks very clean!!

-Nick

Most seats you want to start out in the middle, then rear, then front, then finish off the corners. However, I found it best with this seat to tack the middle of the sides first, then tack the center of the rear, and finish off the rear corners, tack the front/top, then do the 'wave' part in the front, I had to re-tack this area several times before I had all the wrinkles out. Then just go around and finish off the in between areas. Heat/blow dryer is your best friend when trying to smooth the wrinkles.

This guide is a great place to start, lots of good info and tips, courtesy of www.cosmicquads.com (Great site, they do awesome work!!) You might need to register to view the pics, but its well worth it for the info.

http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=90587

-Nick