i got some news on me stolen yfz450....

tithead

so i heard tonight it was sold on ebay.

is there any way of finding auctions that have ended, so i can look throuhg them? if not im absolutely fucked for all the wrong reasons on valentines day...... never mind though. give it a couple years and that persons farm will be up in flames for no reason.... :thumbsup:

so i heard tonight it was sold on ebay.

is there any way of finding auctions that have ended, so i can look throuhg them? if not im absolutely fucked for all the wrong reasons on valentines day...... never mind though. give it a couple years and that persons farm will be up in flames for no reason.... :thumbsup:

I think you can search ended items up to 30 days old or so. go to advanced search and hit completed items. Get that SOB! Doubt ebay will help you so you might just go to the PD and get them to contact Egay. Egay likes to help the piggies out.

B

no findings... guess im shit outta luck :confused: :sad:

thanks to bode1 and blowit for your fast reply though :thumbsup:

EDIT: its only letting me search up to 7days of auction end. that sucks major pompoms, although i thought that would have been enough. i know it was long gone though. was sold from the person who stole it to some one else.... that person then put it on ebay. i hope it sold for more than 1000... if not, ill be setting EVERYONE on fire... not just the people who arranged to take it. galon gas cans are awesome when you have a lighter.

another EDIT: is there anyway of compressing gas (petrol) into aerosol cans?

no findings... guess im shit outta luck :confused: :sad:

thanks to bode1 and blowit for your fast reply though :thumbsup:

EDIT: its only letting me search up to 7days of auction end. that sucks major pompoms, although i thought that would have been enough. i know it was long gone though. was sold from the person who stole it to some one else.... that person then put it on ebay. i hope it sold for more than 1000... if not, ill be setting EVERYONE on fire... not just the people who arranged to take it. galon gas cans are awesome when you have a lighter.

another EDIT: is there anyway of compressing gas (petrol) into aerosol cans?

You need to contact Ebay and ask what it takes to get those back files. You may need to get the PD involved to get access. don't let Egay tell they do not have the files, they DO. Now if you do not have any document that can prove you as the owner, you are likely hosed. Many times a digital camera works wonders. VIN always needs recorded. Many times though if there was an absolutely specific detail about a bike that no one could know, I have need to PD confiscate goods till a judge decides. With a VIN, many times, game over for the guy at the end.

B

You need to contact Ebay and ask what it takes to get those back files. You may need to get the PD involved to get access. don't let Egay tell they do not have the files, they DO. Now if you do not have any document that can prove you as the owner, you are likely hosed. Many times a digital camera works wonders. VIN always needs recorded. Many times though if there was an absolutely specific detail about a bike that no one could know, I have need to PD confiscate goods till a judge decides. With a VIN, many times, game over for the guy at the end.

B

well you see, thats where things in this country seem fucked up. i have the VINs and countless pictures. the police (after i reported the quad stolen) had stopped the people ON MY YFZ450 for driving on the road illegally. after stopping them... they were let go scot free.

i hate the people who organized for the bike to be stolen.

i hate the people who stole my bike.

i hate the people they sold it to.

i hate the person who sold it on ebay.

most of all..... I FUCKIN HATE COPS!

cops do jack! the only time they do anything is if you tell them where your shit is and its still there when THEY decide to go round and check. the amount of times the local PD has called me to say they dont know where the bike is, is unreal! i tell you now, if i was a cop i would be the best mother fuckin cop there was! there is just no help at all from them!

although i get this information, usually when i get it, its just after the bike has been punted on.... so no bashing for me not thinking quick.

i fuckin hate feds. :shoothead:

how do you know it was sold on ebay ? did a friend see it ?

sorry, i missed this.

yes, more than one... just not me :sad: or i would have bought it... turned up at the guys house and gave him a slap instead of the cash.

you should be able to search the completed auctions but need to make your search broad.. you dont know how they actually listed it.... got any info i would help but not sure how to search your ebay like here in usa... but i know how it sucks to have shit stolen back in 98.. my new banshee got stolen cops showed up wrote a report and basically told me i would never see it again... thats last i heard from then.. and never seen the banshee again...

That blows man. They do need to keep the records for every transaction, for at least 7 years, for IRS audit purposes. Since it's done turned into a white collar crime, I would skip the calling uniformed cops, and go straight to the detectives. They can get a search warrant for the records. Do you have the VIN? Did you originally report it stolen to the police? Try to Google the VIN, and maybe the idiot was stupid enough to put it in the eBay listing. Hope you get your shit back.

And yes, most of the time, once an ATV or off-road piece of equipment is stolen, the chances of ever seeing it again are very slim. So, whenever something like that gets reported to the police, they will usually be straight up with you, and tell you that it's probably a lost cause. But there is that slim chance that it will get found. So, you do need to report it anyways.

ill admit i reported the bike stolen a little bit after it was actually stolen. i knew some one would slick and id find info out, some people round here just have to tell others what they`ve done. they did and i got names but the police cant do much if the bike isnt there.

ebay.co.uk

dont have the VINs on hand but will try that. i dont think the VINs will be on the bike any more though. more than likely been filed and re stamped.

• 2 weeks later...
whats your 450 look like any details so i can see if i can find in the search...

05 black w/ red frame. a few upgraded parts... ill post a couple pics for you.

ly12.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

550944312_l.jpg

ill try find more pics.

from what i have gathered. the graphics have been ripped off. havent found out if the plastics have been replaced or not though. iv have no luck, hope some else does!

EDIT:

list of parts i can remember.

lsr +2 chrome a arms

dominator rear axle

Xfactor pro peg nerfs

houser +2 steering stem w/ fat clamp and renthal fat bars

gytr front bumper

ac xc rear grab bar

shaved fenders

DMC pro quiet 4 zorst (full system)

8" rear beadlocks (OMF)

new kenda claws all round

full body skid and rear skid plates i removed.

im pretty much 99% sure the parts were not listed/listed correctly in the ebay auction as the people who stole it dont have a fuckin clue about quads/atv`s.

also, when it was stolen it was a non-runner. was seized in every gear... just not neutral. i hadnt had the chance to strip it down but assumed it was a seized clutch. i was told that was fixed after the bike was stolen, before it went onto ebay... which i assume is correct for them to be stopped on the road.

:sad: