Works shock

Corndiddly5885

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as of how much they are...you ill have to find a shop that can get them or you can call elka and see how much they will send them out... My dad and a buddy of mine run the none rez shocks and have had great luck with them. The thing is that when you add a rez there are some different ones you can look at...1 is just the rez and 2 is one with compression adj. so its just on how much your wanting to spend. but to just add them a shop will prob charge you around 75-100 a shock and thats with a rebuild.

as of how much they are...you ill have to find a shop that can get them or you can call elka and see how much they will send them out... My dad and a buddy of mine run the none rez shocks and have had great luck with them. The thing is that when you add a rez there are some different ones you can look at...1 is just the rez and 2 is one with compression adj. so its just on how much your wanting to spend. but to just add them a shop will prob charge you around 75-100 a shock and thats with a rebuild.

So they are fine wit out rezys and if you want to put them on later its a kick in the nuts when you dont have alot of money. so is 75 to 100 to have them put the piggybacks on and have it rebuild? but i want to know how much they cost just for the piggybacks. cuz friends shop can do the rest.

Edited by Corndiddly5885

thats what i was thinking. is that price for just one or two shocks? thanks for the link

That is per unit which would be per shock... Def not cheap but if you get a reg set you may decide you don't need all the adj or rezzies.Then later on if you change your style of riding or wanna upgrade them you can aswell and have a badass set..I plan on gettin a reg set of Elkas this usmmer an see how they are then maybe upgrade later..

my price was just for a rebuild with oil and charge. you still have to buy the rezzies. I was just trying to let you know what how much it is going to be to have a rezzie added to a shock for the work of oil and recharge and maybe more depending on what needs to be rebuild inside

my price was just for a rebuild with oil and charge. you still have to buy the rezzies. I was just trying to let you know what how much it is going to be to have a rezzie added to a shock for the work of oil and recharge and maybe more depending on what needs to be rebuild inside

thats alot of money just to rebuild the shocks. well see i have yfz shocks on it now from a older yfz. do u think it would just be better to rebuild them? but they dont have rezies either.

That is per unit which would be per shock... Def not cheap but if you get a reg set you may decide you don't need all the adj or rezzies.Then later on if you change your style of riding or wanna upgrade them you can aswell and have a badass set..I plan on gettin a reg set of Elkas this usmmer an see how they are then maybe upgrade later..

[/

ya thats deffently a kick in the nuts. but is Elka the best brand? or are you just paying for the name?

ya thats deffently a kick in the nuts. but is Elka the best brand? or are you just paying for the name?

I wouldn't say the best nor the worst but I am no shock expert...Alot of people on here have them and say nothing but good things about them and they are reasonably priced..

I wouldn't say the best nor the worst but I am no shock expert...Alot of people on here have them and say nothing but good things about them and they are reasonably priced..

ya i have never heard anything bad about them. but some of my friends have said you are paying for the name but i have been looking around for a long time now and i cant really find anything much cheaper than elkas and like shit ton of ppl have them.

called around today here in Phx and found a guy that will rebuild the fronts which is just seals, oil and recharge for around 120 pair. not to shab if you ask me... when you can buy the gold kit for around that price and still have to buy your oil and your gas. and plus you know the shock guy will have it done right. www.racetech.com this place you can get the dual or triple rate spring kit for the yfz450 shocks. they have a sport and race series. they are around 299.00 from them but im guessing you can find someone or online that has a dealership with them to get them cheaper. if you have the yfz shocks which i have and am going to put the triple springs on them and get them revalved down the road. I feel that the yfzs will be better then the standard elkas due to the fact that they have compression and rebound adj. so I would rather build onto something that I already have. Just my .02