4mil vs 10mil

kingkong

Our buddy Brady080 has a 115 or 118 HP stock stroke 68 bore cub, was (is) the owner of a dyno's personal cylinders....

Bigger isn't always better...:)

every dyno is different though, i could take my bike to three different ones and get three different power numbers.. you can also change the settings on them and make ds 650's say they make more than 100hp and 14mm dm's make less than that.. does it make the ds faster?????

if bigger wasnt always better then why are people building triples? lol

i brought up dyno numbers and that bikes were both done on the same dyno, same day. i also said that they are just tuning tools which doesnt mean anything, but it does carry over to the track on how a bike will perform..

the dyno they were ran on is a very stingy land and sea..

I would agree to a point...torque plays a big factor, if not bigger factor.

The smaller motors hold their own in the short races, but once you start going past 300 feet, the bigger motors that can pull more gearing really start to shine...no dyno will show you that.

I agree with you, dyno is a great tuning tool if you can't get to the track, or are trying new things.

I'd rather make 3 passes at the track rather than 10 on a dyno any day of the week....:)

I'd rather make 3 passes at the track rather than 10 on a dyno any day of the week....:)

im with you on that.. the only thing i dont like about tracks is the wait.. you stand around waiting.. then you make a pass.. wait some more.. make a pass and wait some more..lol

some dyno's have been known to show really optimistic numbers.. i have seen one dyno in particular that was set where ds's showed more than 100hp on motor.. that same dyno showing a 14mm cub only showed 86hp and a 16mm cheetah showed 90 hp.. that being said the banshee's (both 3.80 bikes easily) should deffintily not have ever beaten the ds (which never broke 4.0's) that is part of the settings on the computer running the dyno's that can do that.. a few others show high numbers..