Pancake bearing

Any tricks of the trade I should know before pulling the stock and installing the new?

be aware of the little ball (the piece between the pushrod and adjuster)

if it should happen to fall out onto your shop floor or where ever you are working.

it can be very frustrating to put everything back together and you see it lying

underneath the bike. :thumbsup:

That...or when it falls DIRECTLY into your oil/antifreeze drain pan.

That's my personal favorite...drove around all day one time to try and match it up, thought I lost it.

Couldn't find it.

Then got home and moved my drain pan and heard "something" rolling around inside. Oh boy....LOL.

Leave the cable disconnected from the perch OR the arm on the disengagement lever...you only need to apply pressure from your hand to adjust it properly....

thanks bros...got the feeling, you just saved me from a major headache!

Depending on the version you have the install process may vary. On the version I have I remember having to put the clutch pressure plate together, then adjust the pancake, then take the clutch pressure plate (attached by the screws with springs over them) back off so I could grab onto it from the backside to sinch it tight and lock the adjustment in place. The first time I was not able to tighten it enough and it spun off into my clutch case and trashed my lockup clutch (actualy it still would probablty work fine but I decided to replaceit anyways. $100 mistake (luckily that is all)...

Edited by Justintoxicated

Depending on the version you have the install process may vary. On the version I have I remember having to put the clutch pressure plate together, then adjust the pancake, then take the clutch pressure plate (attached by the screws with springs over them) back off so I could grab onto it from the backside to sinch it tight and lock the adjustment in place. The first time I was not able to tighten it enough and it spun off into my clutch case and trashed my lockup clutch (actualy it still would probablty work fine but I decided to replaceit anyways. $100 mistake (luckily that is all)...

Fuck!!....sounds like a major pain in the ass :banghead:

Got it from cascade....so.. wish me luck! :beer: