Are pipes worth it?

TJScott

four_wheeler_rims_and_girl.jpg

Pipes suck bro, get rims!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

i've always wanted to do a ruff ryders thing once, just to do it. on like a raptor though

Pipes are the greatest single power improvement gain you can do to your quad. If cost is a concern, get a set of FMF Fatty's. I run 'em and could buy any pipe I want.

You sound new so I'm gonna tell you...you have to rejet if you do a pipe change.

Depending on your riding conditions, you will want to either mod your stock airbox and run a different filter (muddy conditions) or eliminate the box all together and run separate K&N filters.

The result will be worth it.

If you buy that stock exhaust for $26.00, it'll be $25 more than you can sell it for!!! :shoothead:

Edited by jayzx750

I ran stock pipes all last year and anyone who has ridden my banshee would tell you its fast. However, when compared to other Banshees who have aftermarket exhausts, its slow.

The Banshee motor is based on the RZ350 racing engine Yamaha developed during the late 70s for GP racing. Yamaha does three things to make the power manageable for sale to the general public: the timing is changed, the air intake is reduced, and the exhaust flow is reduced. So, get a timing plate that advances the timing to wear it should be, open up the air intake to let it breathe in more air, and reduce the back pressure to allow better breathing and you will have a fast bike.

You don't need a new exhaust. Buy a used one that is clean. Those are a lot more plentiful and you don't have to worry about it bolting right up, (someone has tested that for you) I bought a Pro Circuit exhaust for 75 bucks and blasted and coated it for less than 200 out of pocket expense and I couldn't be happier. If you gotta have chrome then you won't have as many options, but you can still beat a new outta the box price for sure.

Pipes make the difference. Also your air box and timing do.

If you buy that stock exhaust for $26.00, it'll be $25 more than you can sell it for!!! :shoothead:

Did you see the thread the other day where a guy got something like $400 for stock exhuast :blink: I agree 100%, pipes and timing are the first 2 things to do to the motor. My advice would be to decide what you want to do with your bike and motor. Make a plan, select the parts you want to buy (pipes, carbs, porting, tranny, clutch etc.) and then prioritize your list. Search for good deals and/or save your money. If you take short cuts or settle on parts you really didn't want based on price, you may not be happy in the end or you could spend more in the long run because of it. I like to look at it this way "I you don't have the money to do it right, you damn sure don't have the money to do it twice!"

SP