clutch saver/pusher

The treads on the adjuster are recessed down inside the tube. Look into the adjuster and you will see a space where there are no threads. Make sure your lock tight is actually getting down into the threads.

Last time this happened to me, I used a japnut (a nut with plastic in the end to keep it form backing off) for a lock nut. I assembled everything and adjusted the pusher without lock tight and tightened the jap nut against the pusher. Then I pulled the pressure plate so I could get the pusher out without disassembling it. I pulled the pusher off the threaded rod being careful not to move the jap nut. I coated the threads with lock tight and screwed the pusher to the lock nut and tightened as tight as I could. Then put the adjuster back into the cliutch and reinstalled the pressure plate. So far, everything is staying put.

Rick

The treads on the adjuster are recessed down inside the tube. Look into the adjuster and you will see a space where there are no threads. Make sure your lock tight is actually getting down into the threads.

Last time this happened to me, I used a japnut (a nut with plastic in the end to keep it form backing off) for a lock nut. I assembled everything and adjusted the pusher without lock tight and tightened the jap nut against the pusher. Then I pulled the pressure plate so I could get the pusher out without disassembling it. I pulled the pusher off the threaded rod being careful not to move the jap nut. I coated the threads with lock tight and screwed the pusher to the lock nut and tightened as tight as I could. Then put the adjuster back into the cliutch and reinstalled the pressure plate. So far, everything is staying put.

Rick

ill give thst a shot! thanks man!