banshee shifting prob

TJScott

ok, so im having tons of problems with my banshee and im starting to get pissed. i split the cases, and just to see, i threw the gears and shift star on, then the shifter. the thing is HARD to shift, and for some reason once i get to fifth, it wont go into sixth. i cant figure it out, why is it being like this? oh, also, its impossible to get into neutral, it either goes into first or second, you cannot get it into neutral with the shifter. so what holds the shifter solid? there is nothing on mine to hold it, but its been so long since i took it apart i dont remember. ive tried putting the cases back together, but it was the same thing.

1 more thing, where the gear clusters go in, there are some knotches on the top that look like a place for more c clips, please tell me i dont need anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I wish I could help you, but I have the same problem with my banshee and I still haven't found the problem yet! The shift forks look good, but I might change them anyways. I also noticed the shift drum has a bit of where on the top part of the groves, can't tell if the pin on the shift fork is catching on that, I might change the drum as well. If you find out the problem first let me know on this post. Thanks!

Oh ya, as for the c clips, I thought I lost some when I had the shop split my case, but I am pretty sure they only use one in each grove!

Edited by shee screams

they use 2 on one of the gear shafts and 1 on the bottom of the crank on the inside slot. i guess it was just cold out or something, i got it to shift by pulling up swift and hard. put everything in including the crank, put the top case on, see if it will shift, it most likely will bind, just spin the big gear shaft and it will pop into gear. check for all gears, then pull the top case back off, yamabond it, and seal it up without touching anything else! nitrotate's advice and it worked great!

they use 2 on one of the gear shafts and 1 on the bottom of the crank on the inside slot. i guess it was just cold out or something, i got it to shift by pulling up swift and hard. put everything in including the crank, put the top case on, see if it will shift, it most likely will bind, just spin the big gear shaft and it will pop into gear. check for all gears, then pull the top case back off, yamabond it, and seal it up without touching anything else! nitrotate's advice and it worked great!

OK thanks, I will give that a try, but if it works I still worry about it have the problem again when I get it all back together!