heading to Glamis

warwgn

So I got to get ready for my first trip to glamis, and here are my thoughts:

this what I got now:

686 with stock tires, 13/40 or 41 gearing maybe 12/40 or 41 cant remember what I last put on it and cant check right now.

DynoJet kit 148/150(?? might be higher cant remember for sure) #25 pilots A/F 3 turns out D/J needles on 4th clip

Hot Cams Stage 1

JE 12:1

DMC Afterburner Exhaust

K&N with outer wear/ no air box (I am at 5500 ft elevation now)

this is what I am thinking :

DynoJet 150/152

12/42 gearing

Skat~Trak Hauler 22x11x8 (8 paddle)

t_hau_tire.jpg

4/115 Douglas .190 Wheel 8X8 3.0 + 5.0

dou_alum_rea.jpg

RMATV Package Total: $282.96

Run 101 gas while I am there to keep it cool

get a flag

Not sure if I missed anything?? See any issues or have better recomendations??

anybody had experiance with the LAw out there? I found the rules and it says as long as you got current reg in your home state your good to go, dont got to buy the temp sticker in Cali.

In New Mexico we get an OHV license plate and renew the sticker every 2 years, looks just like a street bike plate but says OHV on it. That should keep me legal right?

Edited by warwgn

So I got to get ready for my first trip to glamis, and here are my thoughts:

this what I got now:

686 with stock tires, 13/40 or 41 gearing maybe 12/40 or 41 cant remember what I last put on it and cant check right now.

DynoJet kit 148/150(?? might be higher cant remember for sure) #25 pilots A/F 3 turns out D/J needles on 4th clip

Hot Cams Stage 1

JE 12:1

DMC Afterburner Exhaust

K&N with outer wear/ no air box (I am at 5500 ft elevation now)

this is what I am thinking :

DynoJet 150/152

12/42 gearing

Skat~Trak Hauler 22x11x8 (8 paddle)

t_hau_tire.jpg

4/115 Douglas .190 Wheel 8X8 3.0 + 5.0

dou_alum_rea.jpg

RMATV Package Total: $282.96

Run 101 gas while I am there to keep it cool

get a flag

Not sure if I missed anything?? See any issues or have better recomendations??

anybody had experiance with the LAw out there? I found the rules and it says as long as you got current reg in your home state your good to go, dont got to buy the temp sticker in Cali.

In New Mexico we get an OHV license plate and renew the sticker every 2 years, looks just like a street bike plate but says OHV on it. That should keep me legal right?

go with sand sharks more of an everything tire .. .. the tires you are looking at are more designed for strait line ,

also you have a fourstroke so i would go with a little taller tire , you have the low end to turn them !!

guys what do you think ?

also the higher octaine fuel dont keep it cooler, it just keeps you from blowing up your engine , due to the under sea level and the 10 % humidity !!

you have to rejet it fat ...........

go with sand sharks more of an everything tire .. .. the tires you are looking at are more designed for strait line ,

also you have a fourstroke so i would go with a little taller tire , you have the low end to turn them !!

guys what do you think ?

also the higher octaine fuel dont keep it cooler, it just keeps you from blowing up your engine , due to the under sea level and the 10 % humidity !!

you have to rejet it fat ...........

yep was thinking that on the tire size, going with the 22's.

and the jetting is just a guess, I fuking hate dual carbs!! May need to go up 2 sizes???

yep was thinking that on the tire size, going with the 22's.

and the jetting is just a guess, I fuking hate dual carbs!! May need to go up 2 sizes???

no your going to the oppisite climate .. your at 5500 ft elevation, glamis has to be 0ft or below 100ft. plus the humidity makes a hudge difference tooo . . you going to need alot more jetting than that !!! dont run the bike lean you will blow it up!!

no your going to the oppisite climate .. your at 5500 ft elevation, glamis has to be 0ft or below 100ft. plus the humidity makes a hudge difference tooo . . you going to need alot more jetting than that !!! dont run the bike lean you will blow it up!!

going up in jet size richens it, I am not sure what your saying? Maybe you just worded it wrong, but I know I need to richen it up just not sure how much?

maybe go up to 165/170??

going up in jet size richens it, I am not sure what your saying? Maybe you just worded it wrong, but I know I need to richen it up just not sure how much?

maybe go up to 165/170??

sorry i might of not said it right.. your going in the right direction , what i meant was the air there alows you to make alot more power , so yes you can richen it up alot . if you dont it will run lean ... how much you have to richen it i am not sure ... i would def talk to a tunner .... i know we go a few sizes on our 2 strokes .. and we are at sea level now.. you are 5500 ft ... do your homework ... contact a few good 4 stroke tunners ..

hey too bad is not a Fuel Injected ...lol

gotcha :biggrin:

yep, mine is always a bitch to tune so i will be bringing all my jets :confused:

According to ISDRA Sand Dune Guide, Glamis elevation ranges from 200' - 500'. When we were there on Jan. 03, 2009 the density altitude ranged from 200' @ 7:00am - around 1500' at the worst during the day. We use density altitude for all our tuning and it takes into account: temp, relative humidity and barometric pressure.

You will also have to richen your air screws, pilot jets, needle position and of course your main jets. What type of carbs or jets are you using; the hex head jets or the round style?

round style, dyno jets on stock mikuni carbs. Pilot are already bigger, and I forgot abot the needles prolly should drop a notch on those too. :thumbsup:

According to the Mikuni main jet pocket tuner you will need around a 157 jet just for the elevation change. I didn't take into account the temp or humidity. I think you have to stagger jet your carbs, right? The 157 would be for the high side and 2 numbers down would be your low side.