rebuild

well i recently leaned out my shee and it blew a ring :down:

bored 80 over with numera pistons or some shit ahah

i want to keep it just the way it is maybe throw a cool head and reeds at the most

any other suggetions on things to get?

rims tires graphix thinkgs for my carb?

i was looking and found these things called power wings??? anyone have experiance with these?

Power wings. Havent heard of those.

Cool head with 21cc domes still pump gas friendly.

Boyesen power reed pedals or V-force reeds if you have the cash.

Not to jack a thread but diggin your new sig. are power wings those things that go in your carbs??

power x-wings by boysen, they are flow directors that go into the front of the carbs, they are designed to give better partial throttle mixture at higher rpm's but i don't think anyone here has tried them, i posted months ago asking. i think they are geared twards larger carb setups (like>40mm) that you might find on larger sleds where they are always running higher rpms, but in all throttle positions. i don't see them having much effect on the banshee, especially for that price. i'm gonna fab some up and try them out this summer, because i don't think that they even make them @26-36mm.

when you chose your reeds, pay attention to the power range they are designed for, because some of the high end reeds can greate great power on the top end, but lack on the low and mid range. chose what's right for you :thumbsup:

also look into ufo's. if you search the forum for "x-wing", there is a link to them.

VELOCITY ACCELERATORS is what I know them as..

Here they are on Jeffro's site..

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=157

I have them in my bike and I cant say for sure how much I gained as I changed up a few other things at the same time but iam sure they helped.. Jeff said he took a bike and rode it around, put them in, rode it around, and then pulled them and said there was a noticable difference.. Not to mention they are fairly cheap and easy to install.. I would recomend them, but like said above they are for 35s and up..

RIPPEN

okay i probably going to order the one to try it out :biggrin: hopefully it works but also can someone help me with choosing the right reeds? cause someone said that i should get the right reeds?

i have great bottom end that i want to keep but will that change if i get some top end reeds?

okay i probably going to order the one to try it out :biggrin: hopefully it works but also can someone help me with choosing the right reeds? cause someone said that i should get the right reeds?

i have great bottom end that i want to keep but will that change if i get some top end reeds?

If your buying those VA's from jeffro I would just ask him while your on the phone what he recomends.. Asking here is like asking what kinda oil to run.. Get a million different answeres and set-ups..

RIPPEN

Blew a ring?? Usually when you run a bike lean it will cause the piston crown to melt or erode first. Too wide of exhaust port, too flat of exhuast port roof or one that has not been chamfered properly will cause your rings to snag and break. Uneaven exhaust port profile can cause the ring to beat the retaining pin as the ring is pushed uneavenly back into the groove. What did your piston crown and spark plug look like when you tore it down? Make sure you have a nice chamfer to the ports when it gets put back together as this will guide the ring into place and prevent snagging and also give better flow characteristics if done properly.