need some help

studroes

hey guys i got some new lectrons on my 4-mil. i tried them with the metering rods they came with (4-2) and its seems to load up some down low but once it gets close to the powerband it takes right off and flys. can anyone get me close on the metering rod and powerjet size?? im at about 2000ft.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 4-2 are alky needles....

Have you tried to lean the metering rods? Have you measured to make sure both metering rods are the same length?

Get some calipers and measure the length of each rod from the base of the slide to the tip of the needle. Use a digital mic, please....tape measure ain't gonna cut it...:)

If they're the same, the slides are in sync, lengthen each rod by 1 full turn each, then go for a ride.

You have the flat side of the needle facing the motor right? It has to.

Here are some sites that can help you....

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/rod_adjustment.htm

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/rod_chart.htm

http://www.fastbygast.com/Catagories/Produ...0it%20works.asp

yes i leaned out the rod a few different times and i just did full turns everytime. it seemed to run a little better but still loaded up down low. any idea of where i should be on the powerjet size? i havent checked whats in them now but what should be close? im running shearers with clamp on filters.

I use adjustable powerjet on my Lectrons, but I can tell you this from experience.

You need to not only have the correct needle, but it needs to be adjusted close before you worry about the power jet.

Call Dennis Packard. He is the Lectron Guru.

Ask him what needles you should be running, he can probably even tell you what length to pre-set them at.

Did you measure the needles, what are they at?

before you go any further, get a micrometer.

A cheap digital one from Harbor Freight is all you'll need.

You have to make sure the metering rods are the same length..that could be a problem right there.

Adjustable powerjets are just a different, and better style in my opinoin.

The pill style that you have have a pilot jet in them, you increase the fuel flow by putting in a bigger/smaller power jet.

Some carbs have both (dual power jets)

If you want, someone could probably remove the one you have an install an adjustable one.

That's not going to help your loading up off the bottom though, that's all metering rod.

If they are considerable off, yes...just like traditional carbs out of sync.

I usually get mine within .05 to .10 mm from each other....

A digital mic is an absolute must when dealing with this kinda stuff. You don't need a machinist quality mic, a 30 dollar tool will be fine for what you need.

I would start by leaning out the needles more...before you worry about the power jet....so...lengthen them and even them out w/ the mic.