license

okay well im 18 finally and i have like madd enduros i can ride (ktm 520/ xr 650l/ hayabusa/ 2 bmw 1300 gs adventus/ and an ktm lc4

okay lets get to the point i dont have a reg license yet cause my parents are gay :down:

can i still get my moto or do i have to wait?

and also what do i need to bring and what do they make do?

Thanks Dave :biggrin:

i think you need to have a valid driver's license to get your motorcycle endorsement.

for the motorcycle part, you will have to take a written and riding test. looks like your

biggest problem will be getting your bike to the dmv to take the test. they will frown on

you big time if you ride it down there to take your test.

Yes, you must have your drivers license, before you can get your motorcycle license. And not to worry about getting a bike to the road test, when you go for it. Look up a m/c driving teacher. They will teach you how to ride, and then meet you at the test with a scooter.

okay so i need a drivers license? no provisional

It all really does depend on what state you live in. Since they all have there own laws. Best thing to do is call your local Motor Vehicle Department and ask them.

Here in NJ, I'm pretty damn positive you need to have your DL. NO provisional aka permit.

It all really does depend on what state you live in. Since they all have there own laws. Best thing to do is call your local Motor Vehicle Department and ask them.

Here in NJ, I'm pretty damn positive you need to have your DL. NO provisional aka permit.

correct. and after you pass the computer exam you have 30 days to take your riding test. 30 days of practice, with a liscenced driver, with motorcyle endorsment.

Here...

Once you get a drivers license, you can take a written test for motorcycles.

Once you pass that, you have a restricted MC license. You can't ride double, you can't ride at dark, and have to ride with a person that has the full mc endorsement at all times. This allows you to drive to the road test with a buddy...

Then you take your test.

Check if you have something similar... If not, either trailer your bike to the road test, or...where I took mine, you could rent a moped (no...not kidding) for an extra 25 bucks or something like that.