time for a New radiator cap? or did I over-fill radiator?

what to do I now?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I removed the overflow bottle, filled radiator to brim and noticed on last ride some fluid draining from radiator - never overheated, never got over 185F, it was in 70F's outside and I have a New impeller and a in-line cooler. But it did spurt out 4-5oz 2 or 3 times. It is the original cap from '91, Should I look into a new cap? OR should I reinstall the bottle under front fender as seen here on sheeHQ/john's site? Or probbably should do both... What, where and how much is a good cap? or should I do nothing?

TIA for any info. Read on and Ride hard!

Scott []v[]

My guess is if it started to come out just from starting it and having normal pressure you need a new cap. If it didn't happen until the coolant got hot, you probably just over filled it. That's why there's a coolant bottle on it in the first place. You probably could just leave it like it is if the coolant doesn't look really low.

it didn't happen until the coolant got hot, I was hill jumping and started practicing drag starts when it happened.

The Search Function works now (it wasnt b4) and I found 1 post, I probbably just overfilled it. Thx 4 replies!