rebuild

atvcraze

well im getting fresh outta tech school and been saving money for a complete rebuild. i have the frame which is j-arm frame, i wanna get this done before summer hits havent ridden in a good 6 months and im having withdraws. good thing dirtwheels keeps me going lol. IM looking to build a trail bike. any input is greatly appreciated. Like what types of carbs, porting, all that good stuff.

Depending on where you want your power i would go with T5s, Pro Circuits, or SSTs, a fast trail port of somekind, cool head, timing plate, v force, and carbs IF you can afford them. Should make for a super fun bike. Might try to get your cyls inline before the mad rush hits as most builders are swamped around springtime on ....

Depending on where you want your power i would go with T5s, Pro Circuits, or SSTs, a fast trail port of somekind, cool head, timing plate, v force, and carbs IF you can afford them. Should make for a super fun bike. Might try to get your cyls inline before the mad rush hits as most builders are swamped around springtime on ....

yeah im plannin on getting it done before spring. and yeah i cant wait to get it built my last banshee i stripped and sold off except for the frame. but it hauled some major ass. its time for some new power now.

yeah im plannin on getting it done before spring. and yeah i cant wait to get it built my last banshee i stripped and sold off except for the frame. but it hauled some major ass. its time for some new power now.

prices are not bad at all, could you possibly do like woods/dune port? if possible and how much would that run for?

Prices are on there. Need to decide where you want your power... Low-mid w/some overev (Woods) or Mid/top with more overrev (Play/dune).

tax returns!! woohoooo!

Prices are on there. Need to decide where you want your power... Low-mid w/some overev (Woods) or Mid/top with more overrev (Play/dune).

yeah, well when im ready to get that ill give you a holler thats for sure. im looking for some low-mid, would single or dual carbs be the best bet with some k&n pods would that compensate for anything if its single or dual, if i got a woods port?

yeah, well when im ready to get that ill give you a holler thats for sure. im looking for some low-mid, would single or dual carbs be the best bet with some k&n pods would that compensate for anything if its single or dual, if i got a woods port?

As peterlocal22 said check out my sig. As far as the carbs I wondered the same thing, recently a guy on here did a bunch of dyno tests and what not and he was able to prove that twin kehein 28mm carbs had the same low-mid power, but more mid to top as a 2 into1 35mm kehein set up, I personally have found that the stock carbs work great for a trail ported stock stroke motor, just get them dialed in. Stepping up to 28mm gives you a little gain, but not enough to be worth spending $300+ on a new set of carbs, just get a T.O.R.S. removal kit from Jeff

As peterlocal22 said check out my sig. As far as the carbs I wondered the same thing, recently a guy on here did a bunch of dyno tests and what not and he was able to prove that twin kehein 28mm carbs had the same low-mid power, but more mid to top as a 2 into1 35mm kehein set up, I personally have found that the stock carbs work great for a trail ported stock stroke motor, just get them dialed in. Stepping up to 28mm gives you a little gain, but not enough to be worth spending $300+ on a new set of carbs, just get a T.O.R.S. removal kit from Jeff

Yep i agree, i dont mind the stock carbs once Tors is removed and setup correctly they run well. IF you had money and wanted to go for best bottom end i would prolly go dual 28/30 or 33PWKs.

Yep i agree, i dont mind the stock carbs once Tors is removed and setup correctly they run well. IF you had money and wanted to go for best bottom end i would prolly go dual 28/30 or 33PWKs.

alrighty that sounds good i think ive seen what you were talking about 278, looks like you have a nice setup, do you ride at knik alot. i cant wait to get back to anchorage get to drive and ride haha!