Matoon engine case, stator does not fit

lt1bird

Why does a stock or RM stator not fit the matoon engine case?? It will not sit flush.....Im sure I could put a washer behind the stator plate to move it out a bit but there must be a better answer......????

You need to make sure that the cases and the stator plate are deburred. I would try an OEM stator if that doesn't work. Who knows what dimensions RM is making their stuff to. :evil: :geek:

Stock one does not fit as well. Looks like the boss's that stick out on the bottom of the plate are not tall enough to clear a few points on the side case........ The billet timing plates look like they have longer bosses.....Wonder if that would work. I do not want to grind the cases to make the plate fit flat......

Do you have a builder or person you are buying all these parts from? Or just getting parts from whoever is cheapest and trying to slam it all together? Seems this build has been giving you hell. I learned on my last motor that its so much easier having someone in your corner than trying to rely on what info you get on the internet.

Im from the school of learn and do it yourself.....I understand where your coming from ;)

I dont think the build has been bad at all.....Just taking my time on my winter project....

Yes, bought all the parts from folks refrenced from here on the board.....RDZ, Trinity etc.... The folks who answer the phones....

They all have been top notch folks.....

Many folks on the board have had lots of tricks and opinoins..... Great Board.....

I will still have many more questions as I continue this build.....I still have carb and ignition questions....

I already have many answers on my own, just nice to bounce them off other members ;)

It was supose to be a regular case.....I put the ignition in last night...It does acutually fit.... There is a potrusion from the case that does not let the stator sit all the way down into the slots. Im thinking the potrusions are for setting up the proper distance. It seems to fit ok now but still seems a bit wierd the way they made it. Ill call them to confirm....