Rings

BlasterKX

ok so my psi is 115ish. so im thinking of replacing the rings now before i have to bore it. so i know i have to hone it and then the rings. but my uncle said something about having to get the skirt on the piston reworked???? i never heard of this and was womdering if its true or if he had alittle bit to much to drink lol

Thanks guys

Too much eggnog maybe. hehe Should only need to hone/deglaze and rering it if that is all it needs. If you feel/see any deeper grooves or scratches than you may need a bore.

Too much eggnog maybe. hehe Should only need to hone/deglaze and rering it if that is all it needs. If you feel/see any deeper grooves or scratches than you may need a bore.

ok kool thanks man. most appreciated. shee runs damn good now i put that stuff on. going to be doing rings then getting trailer and hitch and then coming to you for the head. or maybe even sooner for the cool head

Thanks again

i was planning on taking the pistons rings wrist pins and bearings and cylinders in to the shop here and have him check em out and gauge em to make sure i can get away with just new rings. its supposde to be 25 over. im prob gonna just ride this summer on these rings and after evey ride do a comp check. but idk yet lol