Trade my Banshee for a 450

Mat Holland

I got a 2000 banshee blue race cut maier front plastic, white in the back. Panty dropper grill, Dyno Port headers with DG Silencers, jetted in at 290 mains i believe (they are either 280s or 290s) K&N POD filters with airbox off. Has new holeshot rims and tires all the way around, that I will keep if I get the yfz450. Durablue axle, has a new seat cover, yamaha seat cover. I will post some pics if your interested. Still has stock bore and piston, was overhauled about 2 months ago, but it only has a couple hours on it. It has been broke in. Im not 100% sure if I would trade, just something I thought of, because I kinda like a 4 stroke, cause you can give it hell and not worry about it blowing up. Post what you got, I live in southern illinois, eldorado illinois to be exact.

my email is

matholland618@blackberry.net

ill get back to you normally within a couple of minutes, or just reply to this thread.

Ill post some pics if anyone is interested, I have stock parts as well, with stock aibox and lid, and twin air filter.

Post what you got, and some pics.

New chain and front sprocket as well.

Man....I was always a four stroke guy and just went to 2 strokes becuase rebuilding a four stroke is 1000 dollars up. I have a DS650 and I just rebuild the motor for the second time and its hell on the wallet. About 2 years ago I blow the crank shaft and that cost me a 1000 dollars just for a new crank. I ride all trails and tight woods so I can understand wanting a 4 stroke. True four strokes last alot longer but you pay out the ass when they go down. I just brought a banshee and I love it, best thing smoking. I'm selling my DS650 with a brand new rebuild motor not even 1 ride on it yet, I've been to busy with the banshee.......DON'T do it

I know you guys are telling me not to do it, and I know that I will miss the shee. But, i seriously want a 450

if you want a 4 stroke then why not have both.i have a modded ltz i ride with my buddies cause every one rides 4 stroke.fewer and fewer 2 strokes on the trails anymore.but i still have my shee.the sweet thing about the shee while the yfz.s and crraptor's etc are talking shit how fast their shit is you can bust out a banshee on their ass to shut them up.i was in the yamaha shop the other day to get some spark plugs and was looking at quads on the floor.a sales man approaches me saying if your riding anything else you'll be riding behind the raptor i was looking at.i looked up told the guy, dude you don't have anything on the floor that will run with what i got.he asked well what are you riding.i told him a banshee,he says yea the only thing that will run with a banshee is another highly modified banshee.i was talking to the salesman to find out with all the new shit on the floor guess what he rides,you guessed it a banshee.

well you have a quad to ride while you come up with the cash,things could be worse,at one point you didnt have a quad and was looking for the banshee right.its called patients.

its a little dirty right now, it needs a cleaning, and its up on a milk crate in the back because im putting the new chain on, I said screw it ill wait till tomorrow :P Anyway, heres the pics

dsc05927mb9.jpg

dsc05928cn7.jpg

dsc05929fl4.jpg

dsc05930zy4.jpg

dsc05931tu9.jpg

dsc05932hr5.jpg

dsc05933tc1.jpg

I can getcha some cleaned up tomorrow if its not too cold. Also, the specs are in the first post.

Heres the list to it on craigslist

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/mcy/964686138.html

Edited by Mat Holland

Unfortunately you're going to have to pony up a good bit extra in cash. No one is going to strait up trade a decent 450 for a banshee with as few mods as yours has. Not to be harsh but just an honest answer to your post. I have both and I do love the yfz but the banshee is a must have. When the motor goes on these high strung high hp 4 strokes you could have rebuilt the shee 3-4 times over.