Cpi pipe blowing white smoke out one only

1quickshee

yea thats what, i figured.

I was going to take her to my mechanic Friday.

You think anything wrong will happen if i ride tomorrow, we had a little night ride set up

are you kidding? If you think your sucking water, why the hell would you want to run it? Why take it to a mech.? just pull off the head and see whats going on.

are you kidding? If you think your sucking water, why the hell would you want to run it? Why take it to a mech.? just pull off the head and see whats going on.

Yea, I wanted to change the gasket my self, but I dont know what bore the bikes on.

I dont know which one to buy, and a buddy of mine did it once n said it messed around with the timing...

Yea, I wanted to change the gasket my self, but I dont know what bore the bikes on.

I dont know which one to buy, and a buddy of mine did it once n said it messed around with the timing...

Its easy to do, im sure your not running big bore jugs, if not just order a stock head gasket. The bolts are numbered on the head loosen them in order a litttle at a time. And tighten them a little at a time in order.

Does it smell like something is burning besides just fuel?

Its easy to do, im sure your not running big bore jugs, if not just order a stock head gasket. The bolts are numbered on the head loosen them in order a litttle at a time. And tighten them a little at a time in order.

Does it smell like something is burning besides just fuel?

My local dealer should have the gasket right? any ideas on price...

It doesnt really smell like anything else, remember its only one exhaust blowing out the white smoke.

I checked the tranny oil, and its kinda clean.

So I'm guessing its the gasket.

I was checking online for the gaskets, theres a certain gasket for each bore?

because I have no idea what bore this bikes on

My local dealer should have the gasket right? any ideas on price...

It doesnt really smell like anything else, remember its only one exhaust blowing out the white smoke.

I checked the tranny oil, and its kinda clean.

So I'm guessing its the gasket.

I was checking online for the gaskets, theres a certain gasket for each bore?

because I have no idea what bore this bikes on

Yep your dealership will have it should only be around $10. The only reason you would need a differnt gasket is if your running big bore jugs. If its buring antifreeze or tranny oil you should be able to smell a difference. Check your pulgs, Put new pulgs in it. Check all the basics first. You said you messed with the timing? What is it set at? And are you running a stock head?

Yep your dealership will have it should only be around $10. The only reason you would need a differnt gasket is if your running big bore jugs. If its buring antifreeze or tranny oil you should be able to smell a difference. Check your pulgs, Put new pulgs in it. Check all the basics first. You said you messed with the timing? What is it set at? And are you running a stock head?

Well i called the dealer, they only have the whole top end gasket kit which is like 30 bucks.

I'm check the plugs now, No a friend of mine changed his gasket n said it screwed with his timing a little( wondering if that would happen to me)

Yea, I'm running stock heads

Well i called the dealer, they only have the whole top end gasket kit which is like 30 bucks.

I'm check the plugs now, No a friend of mine changed his gasket n said it screwed with his timing a little( wondering if that would happen to me)

Changing the head gasket changed the timing?? No a head gasket wont mess with the timing. Does it backfire? Clean your carbs sync them, make sure your balance tube between the carbs is in place (little black tube), check your intake boots for cracks most of the them crack around where the crossover tube goes in. Clean the filter. It could be just something simple. Check everything else before you pull the head off.

Edited by 98_shee

the dealer just wants to make money off of you. they can sell you just a head gasket. if they dont have it in stock and have to order it just get it from ALBA.

Well, my banshee when its idling or riding. It only blows out white smoke out one side....

The pressure seems even, but one just throws white smoke

Is it a really thick white smoke? Does it ride like shit? Does it overheat after a short while? If so ,its likely the head gasket.

If not,you might need to check your jetting.