the thumb and twist throttle

I may be in the minority but I think twist throttles are the only way to go. Also don't get why some of you guys think there so dangerous.

i agree id much rather a twist i cant stand thumb throttle i get real bad arm pump and it hurts my thumb. i also dont understand why you guys think trail riding is dangerous with a twist. whenever i get a new bike the first thing i change is the thumb to twist. i ride trails and silts in northeast pa and never had a had a dangerous situation as the result of a twist throttle. but then again ive rode dirtbikes 10 yrs before ive even ever touched a quad. so i guess the twist throttle is what im used to and thats why i prefer it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be in the minority but I think twist throttles are the only way to go. Also don't get why some of you guys think there so dangerous.

I SECOND THIS! i have had 3 quads and every one i switched to twist. thumb throttle wears me out in the first 20 mins. i have no idea how you guys do it! i have never had a twist put me in any danger, and yes i have crashed and stupid stuff over the years, but never b/c of that. and honestly, most days i would rather not ride with my freinds than borrow one of their extra quads witha thumb throttle. just my .02. and a side note, i can run through whoops for hours straight becasue it is a natural twist motion to keep going.... :cool: