CFM Airbox VS Toomey 2:1

for riding real muddy trails, flying thru puddles etc, after this weekend it is seeming to me like the toomey 2:1 might not be the best setup for me. is the cfm airbox any good? which filters are better to get with it, the k&n or the UNI? how much airflow would i lose by switching to this from the 2:1? or should i just stay with the 2:1, or do a stock airbox with a filter? what is going to have the best combo of performance and water protection?

for riding real muddy trails, flying thru puddles etc, after this weekend it is seeming to me like the toomey 2:1 might not be the best setup for me. is the cfm airbox any good? which filters are better to get with it, the k&n or the UNI? how much airflow would i lose by switching to this from the 2:1? or should i just stay with the 2:1, or do a stock airbox with a filter? what is going to have the best combo of performance and water protection?

I run a cfm airbox with Unis and i love it. I went with the uni filter because it can get pretty dusty where i ride and they seem be be better at keeping it out. But i also hit lots of puddle and stream crossings and i have had no trouble. Plus it looks a hell of alot better than stock.

Im running fmf fattys. why?

I love my CFM box, but I did have to modify it a bit to fit with my boss intake, just a heads up.

just wanted to make sure that with the pods that box uses, the motor will get enough air. any performance advantage with the boss intake, or is it just made to last longer than the stock rubber boots?

Edited by official_style

just wanted to make sure that with the pods that box uses, the motor will get enough air. any performance advantage with the boss intake, or is it just made to last longer than the stock rubber boots?

My stock boots were wrecked and i got a good deal the boss intake, I couldn't tell you if there is any gain because i added them at the same time I added 20cc domes, ported jugs, and the airbox. As far as the post below about CFM, I have also heard many bad things but i got a swinger and airbox from them with no problems, maybe i just have good luck?