First time banshee owner

TJScott

Hello all, I recently decided to get a quad after riding my bro's ltz400 around for a little while. I was going to get a blaster, but then I rode one and decided it just wasnt for me to say the least, lol. So I found a guy who would trade his 87 banshee which needed a top end (the entire top end), for my 94 rm125. First thing I would like to know is if there is anything bad about having an old banshee, with the exception of the j-arms? Even though they are all almost exactly the same. And what kind of power can I expect from this thing in stock trim? Is it going to be a beast compared to the 125, (ive heard they were somewhat slow stock)? Is it going to be as torquey up top as my brother's ltz? Do they like to lug at all? Oh, and are they very reliable? Or do the double cylinders kill easy maintainence? Also, how much work do these things need to be neck-snappers? One last question, how badly will it beat an ltz400 piped?

wow alot of questions...haha ok do a search to find what to look for when buying a shee. if you do a fresh top end and keep it maintained it will be no different then my 00. if you arnt used to the power they make stock ones arnt bad by that i mean it will have alot more top end then the ltz. and you actually made me laugh a little when you said if they have torque on top end. banshee's are more expensive when it comes to maintaince have double of everything. a stock one should be able to beat the ltz400 if you can ride. BUT you said it needs everything for top end? it is still worth the trade but if you need cylinders then you will be looking at a pretty penny to get it going.

welcome to your new addiction!! :biggrin: banshees are just like anything else its all in what u want to do with it. Expensive yes maintance yes worry free what really is worry free when your beating something and riding it hard.Reilable yeah i have rode my bike for months and months before anything has happened to her. Its just like any other bike you have owned you know the maintance on it you know what to check you know what to look for when your riding and what to check after you ride and always check stuff before you even go for a ride.

First of all, welcome to the HQ. My brother has a 2008 z400, that he keeps in my garage. Compared to a Banshee, they're junk. Things you're gonna need to check for, is crack in the frame or suspension parts, cancerous rust, or pretty much just any obvious stuff. Check the air filter(s), if he still has them. That's how you find out how well a person takes care of their bike. Transmission oil too, but that's probably been emptied. I think you'll be happier with it, over your RM. Dirtbikes are fun, but you can get real crazy on a 4 wheeler. Makes it more fun. J-arms can be upgraded to a-arms. Some people like the j-arms. From the pics (kinda distorted), it looks like you could potentially have a real nice bike. Good luck with your trade. If you hang around on here, you're gonna want to start spending lots of money on that thing for mods. :biggrin:

Life on two wheels as you knew it will soon be history. I still like my MXers for mixing it up from time to time, but I always look more forward to time on the Banshee.

Welcome to the site! Your checkbook is going to hate us.

Welcome man!! my buddy was looking into that on blasterforums but decided against it(long ways away) but yeah youll love em they r way better then a blaster and a 125 dirt bike. like these guys say its all up to you for what you want out of it and what your plans are wiht it like riding area riding style etc etc. Good luck with it man!

Thanks TJ u fucking asshole I knew u were gunna get it when i was on blasterforum and you start talking about... All I gotta say is ur an asshole oh well its alright I will find another I hope you get up and goin the way u want it... GOOD LUCK... CONGRATS on getting it