runs but doesn't have alot of power

ptevo03

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried new plugs? br8es or b8es and check your plug boots on your wires, make sure their on there good and tight. If its cold you prolly ought to be running 155-160 main and your 50 pilot should be ok. Where is your needle setting? should be 3rd 4th notch from blunt end.

Another thing, what is your gearing front and rear?

it seems like with the smaller pilots it would still run just wouldnt be jetted right.whats your spark look like.i would definitely try a coil get one off ebay for cheap.hell i keep 2 extras in my tool box its a good diagnostic tool.are you getting a good flow of fuel from your petcock to the carbs.it does seem if you have lack of fire to burn the fuel your plugs would be black.and if you had lack of fuel it would appear to be running lean.does the motor roll over at the kick start like it should/seem normal.does it idle.till i figured out what is wrong i dont think i would be trying to jerk wheelies,shouldnt have to.did it seem to run good b4 with the way its tuned and all the current parts you have on it.always try to get it to run good again b4 changing too may parts,could complicate things more.

i have a coil but i want it running before i change it so i know its good. also when i change the pilots i have to go back and forth with the idle screws to get it to run and then the idle sound ruff. it have good fuel flow and the plug boots and on good. i think today im going to try a few jet ideas get it running and switch the coil and go through the wiring and adds some grounds.