Looking into this Shee

stnditup2

Well I found this guy who has Everything on the Frame and says hes got a Bottem End. Some Stuff is Gone how much would it cost for a top end? It has the Cylinders on it but one of the Pistons is Stuck. Its a almost Complete Motor needs Head, Carbs and Cover for Flywheel side heres some pics tell me what yall think!!!

adf2.jpg

afd.jpg

asdf3.jpg

asdfaasdf.jpg

sdfasdf.jpg

I was told that the guy doesnt have a job and is only wanting $850 but its 4 hrs. 19 mins away from my house. I was told that he will take whatever he can for it... Im waiting for him to email me back and try and talk him down.. What would be your bottom dollar for it considering the shape its in? Please let me know it will be a BIG HELP... I have always wanted a shee... If the motor isnt worth it to you please let me know I will just go down and get the chassis and buy a motor for it.... So Please Help Me Out...

Thanks Guys

Josh

Probably not too bad of a deal. The cylinders may be salvageable, hard to tell from pics. The crank is probably messed up on the side that the piston burned through. The cases look to be in very good shape, no chain whack. I'd say for an easy $1000 you could have that motor all put back together with a few goodies. You wouldn't be able to buy a running fresh motor for cheaper. I'd lowball him a little and offer $500 for it and work from there.

Honestly, it looks like a train wreck. Its the little stuff that will nickle and dime you. With that frame being painted, I'm sure someone has had their hand all over that thing. I think that you will frustrate youself more than needed. You can find bikes for 1,500 that are in good shape, and run. Then you can at least ride it right away. You will spend at least a few hundred getting that bike running, only to find out that other things need repair. Its a parts bike, no more. Thats my opinion.

Honestly, it looks like a train wreck. Its the little stuff that will nickle and dime you. With that frame being painted, I'm sure someone has had their hand all over that thing. I think that you will frustrate youself more than needed. You can find bikes for 1,500 that are in good shape, and run. Then you can at least ride it right away. You will spend at least a few hundred getting that bike running, only to find out that other things need repair. Its a parts bike, no more. Thats my opinion.

$1.500.00 are you for real! where do you live I live in Mass a I can't find a banshee that runs for under $2,000.00 man I need to move

josh ..... its all up to u if u rly want a banshee than buy it for however much u think its worth. its not the shape its in its how bad u want it.... i traded my 1999 yz250 that was A1 mite i add for a 95 bike that was about the same shape as urs u can check my myspace...i used to be able to go out and kick once and go never even had to change my plug in two years of owning it.... all my friends say trading that bike was one of the stupidest thinks i have ever done but i disagree i rly wanted a shee and even kno i have to go out and work on it almost every day just so i can ride for a hour or two its worth it to me bc sooner or later it will turnout to be a verygood running bike..... and plus u will learn lots about it fixing it. whats the point in having a bike u kno nothing about? i say buy it u gotta start somewere every one does and aslo im sure theres a few guys who if they think about it there first shee was in the same shape when they got it and look at them now. i would rather build a shee ground up than buy one thats already built.... theres nothing like going out cracken a cool one and working on the shee!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

$1.500.00 are you for real! where do you live I live in Mass a I can't find a banshee that runs for under $2,000.00 man I need to move

There are deals out there for sure. I have less than $1k initial purchase price in both of mine. By the time I get them both in shape I will have another $1k in them but should have one really nice one and one fair one out of the deal.

josh ..... its all up to u if u rly want a banshee than buy it for however much u think its worth. its not the shape its in its how bad u want it.... i traded my 1999 yz250 that was A1 mite i add for a 95 bike that was about the same shape as urs u can check my myspace...i used to be able to go out and kick once and go never even had to change my plug in two years of owning it.... all my friends say trading that bike was one of the stupidest thinks i have ever done but i disagree i rly wanted a shee and even kno i have to go out and work on it almost every day just so i can ride for a hour or two its worth it to me bc sooner or later it will turnout to be a verygood running bike..... and plus u will learn lots about it fixing it. whats the point in having a bike u kno nothing about? i say buy it u gotta start somewere every one does and aslo im sure theres a few guys who if they think about it there first shee was in the same shape when they got it and look at them now. i would rather build a shee ground up than buy one thats already built.... theres nothing like going out cracken a cool one and working on the shee!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

Thats like everyone that I hangout with all give me shit bc I bought my blaster for $200 and Just now got it running.... I built it from ground up and its still not done the way I want it....I really didnt want a blaster I just wanted something to ride and I found it and started in on it... I see what your saying about buying something that you have to build that way if something breaks or something isnt right you know what it is and what has to be done to get it running... I dont like guessing on what the problem is and you change what you thought it was and it still does the same thing as it did b4... I am just waiting on this guy to email me back on it and see what I can give him for it... I have always wanted a shee since I was like 15 or so and im 21 now and Im ready for it now that I know a little bit about them from this site and friends that have them.... I will keep you guys updated on it and see what works out for me...

Thanks

Josh

My biggest reason for getting a whole quad, is that if something looks broke that easy to fix. But if something isn't there, and thats causing the problem, now your chasing your tail. I have learned so much about this quad in a few short weeks doing all this work to it. But if I was originally given a box of parts, and told to build a machine out of it, it would take a year.

My biggest reason for getting a whole quad, is that if something looks broke that easy to fix. But if something isn't there, and thats causing the problem, now your chasing your tail. I have learned so much about this quad in a few short weeks doing all this work to it. But if I was originally given a box of parts, and told to build a machine out of it, it would take a year.

i had mine rideable in a month..... sure it will take a wile to get it the way u want it but thats the fun in it