Sleds at Glamis?

SCEADU

The other night I had a dream that I finally got to go to Glamis and All I had to ride is a Ski-Doo MXZ!!

Wierd dream but it got me to thinking. Is a snomobile possible at Glamis? I saw a video of some nut hitting a tripple at Glen Helen with a sno-cross machine! :blink:

No don't go Flaming me it's just a question. I owned a sled when I lived in the North but never have been to the dunes.

Dude they race sleds in lakes..... Of coarse its possible to throw a paddle track on there and dune it. But why? I throw a leg over a banshee before a snowmobile any day.

Unless its in the SNOW :cool:

Hahaha.. Thats basicly whats on them in stock trim.. How many sleds you ridden?

Don't get me wrong, I love my banshee but if had to pick between sleds and banshee it would be tough.. Sleds are much more powerfull and much more faster.. Get them in 3-4 foot of powder in a medow with some climbs=best riding there is PERIOD.

As for the question at hand yeah a snomobile is possible to be ridden on sand.. Have seen it several times in Walden.. The biggest and main problem they have is cooling.. So although a guy could do it it wouldn't probably a very good idea to take it to a place as big as Glamis.. If a guy had a truck nerby and was just out to race that wouldn't be to crazy.. Iam tellin ya though, a healthy sled would suprise some folks.. Obviously they hook up like MFers.. Oh and another thing that does suck about them in the sand is the drag on the front skis. If a guy figured out a good cooling system(fan and what not) and something for the skis, LOOK OUT-lol..

RIPPEN

Hahaha.. Thats basicly whats on them in stock trim.. How many sleds you ridden?

Don't get me wrong, I love my banshee but if had to pick between sleds and banshee it would be tough.. Sleds are much more powerfull and much more faster.. Get them in 3-4 foot of powder in a medow with some climbs=best riding there is PERIOD.

As for the question at hand yeah a snomobile is possible to be ridden on sand.. Have seen it several times in Walden.. The biggest and main problem they have is cooling.. So although a guy could do it it wouldn't probably a very good idea to take it to a place as big as Glamis.. If a guy had a truck nerby and was just out to race that wouldn't be to crazy.. Iam tellin ya though, a healthy sled would suprise some folks.. Obviously they hook up like MFers.. Oh and another thing that does suck about them in the sand is the drag on the front skis. If a guy figured out a good cooling system(fan and what not) and something for the skis, LOOK OUT-lol..

RIPPEN

Never in life have I ridden a snowmobile. Pretty much rode/drove every other toy you could think of though, and the only thing close to the enjoyment I get out of a banshee is on a Waverunner..... :shrug: Alot people talk all hype about Sleds though, maybe I've been missing out?! :confused:

Never in life have I ridden a snowmobile. Pretty much rode/drove every other toy you could think of though, and the only thing close to the enjoyment I get out of a banshee is on a Waverunner..... :shrug: Alot people talk all hype about Sleds though, maybe I've been missing out?! :confused:

Oh grim.. Yes my friend, you have been missing out.. I would say they are compareable to a Wave Runner but again, WAY faster/more powerfull and damn are they fun to climb with.. They take a trip or so to really get the hang of for some people as they require ALLOT of body english and it sucks when they get stuck but otherwise.. Overall I think they are the most fun.. You ever get a chance to ride one deffinatly hit it up.. Actually...

Check out how sick this shit is.. Granted they are pros but damn does that not look like a kick in the dick??

That medow at about :56 in makes my mouth water!

Another thats pretty cool..

FOR THE RECORD.. CANADIANS are straight NUTS but damn can those boys ride..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnJzeMKhfp0

RIPPEN

Actually Artic Cat made a sled for the dessert back in the 70's. I forget what it was called but all they did was put wheels on the front instead of skis.

No shit? That would be cool to check out..

Especially how the front wheels set-up is.. Thats the thing we knew we needed but didn't know how to improvise on a machine with ski's.. Good stuff..

RIPPEN

if you rode a sled in the sand it would eat/overheat the boggie wheels pretty fast... normally you only see them for vids and shit ... cus something is gonna get broke on it...

The guy I know personaly ran his pretty hard two long weekends.. One time I think he broke a belt or some shit from hooking up so hard.. It had rained the night before so with that tacky sand and heavy sled something had to give.. Sands deffinatly hard on stuff but we were suprised that it wasn't eating stuff up like a guy would think..

RIPPEN