Engine problem?

bansheeMO

I went riding this weekend and after about 15min of use, my banshee was acting super weird. It wouldnt even run past 5MPH in any gear.....

I always use yamalude 2r on my SHEE...but this weekend i ran the 2s on accident. I didnt even ride it for 15min before it started acting weird.....almost like if it was choked.

I got home and drained all the gas, replaced it with yamalube 2r.

I changed out the trans oil and drained and refilled the radiator fluid.

I replaces the plugs.

Heres the weird part...... i turned it on and it sounds fine, it idles fine, but once i put it to gear and try to ride it, it bogs out. Its smoking more that usual too.... I have no idea what else to do.

I've let it idle for about 10min to make sure all the old gas was out of the system.

Any other ideas on what i can do before i take in and they charge me a grip to fix it?????

Thanks Moses

Any help would be great.....

I went riding this weekend and after about 15min of use, my banshee was acting super weird. It wouldnt even run past 5MPH in any gear.....

I always use yamalude 2r on my SHEE...but this weekend i ran the 2s on accident. I didnt even ride it for 15min before it started acting weird.....almost like if it was choked.

I got home and drained all the gas, replaced it with yamalube 2r.

I changed out the trans oil and drained and refilled the radiator fluid.

I replaces the plugs.

Heres the weird part...... i turned it on and it sounds fine, it idles fine, but once i put it to gear and try to ride it, it bogs out. Its smoking more that usual too.... I have no idea what else to do.

I've let it idle for about 10min to make sure all the old gas was out of the system.

Any other ideas on what i can do before i take in and they charge me a grip to fix it?????

Thanks Moses

Any help would be great.....

that kind of sounds like your tors is bad. you can get past that with a new throttle cable that gets rid of them. and 2s isnt bad its just synthetic i would think. i never tryed it and im not sure which one i use lol

that kind of sounds like your tors is bad. you can get past that with a new throttle cable that gets rid of them. and 2s isnt bad its just synthetic i would think. i never tryed it and im not sure which one i use lol

I was thinking it might be my carbs because it seems like my left is working harder than my right side (more white smoke from the right exhaust than the left).... Im scared that i blew a piston or a ring on the right piston? if a piston was blown or if the piston ring was torn, would the bike start????

But if it was my carbs, it wouldnt idle or rev normally on neutral would it?

I guess ill start by removing the TORS and take it from there..... I dont need the TORS anyway right....

It's an absolutely useless piece of $hit system that Yamaha came up with. I seen that you posted on Chase's TORS thread. Get rid of it. It will cause a bad day of riding. Nobody should have a TORS system left on their bike. Just get rid of, and report back.

Get rid of it and report back! :thumbsup:

Will do when i get of work....Thanks for all the help...i appreciate it....

One more question before i remove the TORS later today...do i need a KIT or will the cutting (following the instructions from the thread) do just fine?

The kit will help you sync the carbs easier and allow you to remove the carbs faster. Also the kit will have idle screws wich will be a bonus as well.

So i dont need a kit then right...following the instructions will do......

My carbs have already been drilled from when i put the twist throttle on and Im not worried about removing the carbs faster......

Alright...Removing the TORS today and hopefully my baby will come to LIFE!

If you already have the carb tops drilled and tapped, then no, you don't need the kit. Don't forget to sync the carbs. Jeff at FAST sells the best one that I've seen. There's a YouTube video on how to sync stock carbs with his tool. You can get it close by eye and feel, but that tool gets it perfect by using vacuum. It's a 2-part video. I'll see if I can find it for ya.