Feb 2009 Glamis, CA Dune Trip leaving NY area

JTQuad

We use to camp across the road from the store, are you still allowed to camp over there?

im not sure, last time we went we just glanced over and saw the big ass fence up so we didnt even try to pull in, there could be a little road of to the side of it that goes back. I mean after all there is a little "area of interest" back there thats open to the public.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, prices did go up! And I wouldn't worry too much about the spark arrestors.. But attract the attention and they'll get you for anything possible! Not sure if it's happened yet or not but they're fencing off the washes in segments! And most importantly, pack your trash outta there.. The dumpters will be removed soon! I know i know.. so pissed about that! I already see future dune closures due to the place getting trashed!!

You're right, prices did go up! And I wouldn't worry too much about the spark arrestors.. But attract the attention and they'll get you for anything possible! Not sure if it's happened yet or not but they're fencing off the washes in segments! And most importantly, pack your trash outta there.. The dumpters will be removed soon! I know i know.. so pissed about that! I already see future dune closures due to the place getting trashed!!

yea there will for sure be more closures. The hippies will always find ways to shut it down.

They put storage in across from the store thats why the fence there.

I think that there is still a small opening because there is gov land behind them still, but I cant say for sure becasue I didnt take the time to actually go look

Well its that time of year again and Im planning our Annual East Coast Trip to the Imperial Sand Dunes in Glamis, California. Please let me know if anyone would like to join us. Feb 2009 is almost fully booked. We have 10 Spots left. The dates for this years Trip are Feb 9th - 17th 2009 For more info just PM me or visit http://www.glamistrips.com I Hope to get a bunch of guys from here going as you know I have been doing this for many years and am super knowledgeable about the dunes. Feel free to ask anything. There are no stupid questions. Pricing is $625 for the shipping round trip. This is what we provide. Airfare you have to figure on $300 and then a motor home between 3 guys is about $400 each. After that you have spending money beer food etc. You have to figure on $1800 or so total. We stay for 8 days of riding. - JT

Preview of Trip and last years videos are at http://www.youtube.com/teamfas Some of the members from here are on the vids that went with us last year

wow 1800 THAT IS CRAZY LOL ONNLY TAKES ME 3 HOURS TO DRIVE THERE....COST ME AROUND 500 FOR A WEEK LOL

Nice man! Been snowmobiling non stop here in NY. Our cabin Rental in Tug hill starts Jan 1st to the 31st. Then Glamis on the 9th of Feb. I just booked my airfare and SUV rental for $400 direct flight out of Newark - JT

i got my airfare for 160 round trip but with 1 stop... How much are you paying for ur suv?