Registered atv?

06shee325

Holy crap, I thought this was dead. I agree with you, the cops in your city must be dumb shits. I am very familiar with VA law, and know it inside and out. Why? Because I've studied Virginia law, and went to criminal justice school. Most all state laws allow ATV's to either cross streets/highways, and some allow you to ride along the side of the street. Here in VA, you are allowed to travel along the side of streets, as long as you don't travel more than 1 mile from trail to trail, or you are emergency personnel responding to an emergency. Appearantly the cops in your town are fuckin stupid, or they're rookies that just don't know any better and want to fuck with the ATV riders. Just because a cop has a badge and gun, doesn't allow him to stop whoever he wants. If a cop stops you for something that's not illegal, talk to their internal affairs. That is a violation of a person's 4th Amendment, and you can sue your ass off for it.

I know here in New Hampshire its around $50.00 per atv, around $75.00 for a sled, any riding off of your own property needs to be registered so even if your buddy has a huge chunk of land and you legally trailer your atv to his place and dont go off his property at all they can still get you for no registration. Theres times in the year your not allowed to ride (mud season, and winter unless the snow is covering the ground enough they can groom it. We arn't required to insure so that saves a little. They're closing down riding areas left and right and the registration fees still keep going up which doesnt make too much sence. I remember a few years ago wanting to just ride on lakes and I was unsure about the law so I called fish and game to see if I needed to register even If I stay on the lake and not go on any trails at all, the said yes because it pays for the maintnence for the trails. I explained to them I wasnt going to be on trails and they dont do any grooming or maintnance to the lake so why should I register. They told me even if I get caught on the lake they would still impound my sled.

Holy crap, I thought this was dead. I agree with you, the cops in your city must be dumb shits. I am very familiar with VA law, and know it inside and out. Why? Because I've studied Virginia law, and went to criminal justice school. Most all state laws allow ATV's to either cross streets/highways, and some allow you to ride along the side of the street. Here in VA, you are allowed to travel along the side of streets, as long as you don't travel more than 1 mile from trail to trail, or you are emergency personnel responding to an emergency. Appearantly the cops in your town are fuckin stupid, or they're rookies that just don't know any better and want to fuck with the ATV riders. Just because a cop has a badge and gun, doesn't allow him to stop whoever he wants. If a cop stops you for something that's not illegal, talk to their internal affairs. That is a violation of a person's 4th Amendment, and you can sue your ass off for it.

It is not a violation of anyone's rights to be stopped and questioned. That is a fact.

It is only a violation of your rights (seizure of person) if they arrest you without cause.