CARBURATOR DISASSEMBLY 'ROAD BLOCK'

rkc

I going to have my stock carbs oval bored 27.5 x 29mm. I want to remove as many parts as possible in case the machinist drops it or is in the way.

I need to remove the brass passage piece that the main jet threads into and the needle jet seats into. On the bowl side it looks like there is a pin pressed into a slot in the brass passage to prevent the brass passage from being removed.

Could someone please instruct me on how to remove this so the cutting blade doesn't remove the top of the needle seat. Or can I leave this in and expect it to be shaved down. Also I'd like to remove the thin overflow tube in the bowl and I don't see how that's removed either. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

Edited by rkc

I going to have my stock carbs oval bored 27.5 x 29mm. I want to remove as many parts as possible in case the machinist drops it or is in the way.

I need to remove the brass passage piece that the main jet threads into and the needle jet seats into. On the bowl side it looks like there is a pin pressed into a slot in the brass passage to prevent the brass passage from being removed.

Could someone please instruct me on how to remove this so the cutting blade doesn't remove the top of the needle seat. Or can I leave this in and expect it to be shaved down. Also I'd like to remove the thin overflow tube in the bowl and I don't see how that's removed either. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

That pin you see is just a alignment pin like the slide alignment pin. Remove the main jet, the main jet washer, then use a punch to lightly tap the brass piece through towards the top of the carb. Its in there hand tight, but corrosion kinda requires a light tapping.

Not sure about the brass tube, I would leave it alone personally.

That pin you see is just a alignment pin like the slide alignment pin. Remove the main jet, the main jet washer, then use a punch to lightly tap the brass piece through towards the top of the carb. Its in there hand tight, but corrosion kinda requires a light tapping.

Not sure about the brass tube, I would leave it alone personally.

Regal, thank you for such clear instructions.