top end spuddering

Resistors are in the PLUGS not boots,,,and the lighting coil is different from the part that fires the plugs. You can have lights and a bad stator.

There are 5ohm resistors in stock banshee spark plug boots and when they go open your bike misses under load or in power band i have had experince with this serveral times.I have had to change them on my bike and some of my buddies i replace them with a ngk boot.I do realize that there are resistors in some plugs like the BR8es but not in a B8es.There are alot of people that dont relize that there are resistors in the boots.

boonmanFeb 14 2005, 04:29 PM

In your banshee's spark plug caps, there are resistors built in. From the factory. IN the factory caps. Now, if you change spark plug caps, to something other than stock, or some that lack the internal resistor, SERIOUS damage to your CDI will result. In a case such as this, you will have to run the "R" style plugs. Now, NGK makes plug caps that have a resistor built in. I run them on my bike. This is VERY IMPORTANT to realize. You need to have a resistor in line to minimize interference. So, either "loaded" caps, or "R" plugs. You make the call. You can also use "R" plugs and resistor caps. I do, and don't have a problem.

I went and searched the forums and found this quote by boonman he seems to agree with my experices also.

Edited by firebanshee

Its not the resistors i promise you my coil and wires and boots are on her bike and it still does it maybe the stator is acting up?

It could be your stator,have you tried swapping cdi with a known good one,maybe if you read through the link in the previous post it can help you figure your problem out, i think the link has alot of good information in it about your banshees entire electrical system.

There are 5ohm resistors in stock banshee spark plug boots and when they go open your bike misses under load or in power band i have had experince with this serveral times.I have had to change them on my bike and some of my buddies i replace them with a ngk boot.I do realize that there are resistors in some plugs like the BR8es but not in a B8es.There are alot of people that dont relize that there are resistors in the boots.

Learn something every day. :biggrin: Thanks for the info.