Mystery Grinding Sound!

BravoZulu

Can't determine what is causing the grinding sound in the engine. Everything time I pull in the clutch I hear a loud grinding noise. Inspected the clutch plates and spring all looked normal. Drained engine oil no signs of metal material persent. Has anyone ever deal with this problem? Thanks...

Your end adjuster may be starting to weld itself to the ball in the mainshaft. You may have to split the cases and get a mainshaft. I would pull the clutch cover and remove the adjuster and check it. PUll the ball out with a magnet and look at it as well.

Can't determine what is causing the grinding sound in the engine. Everything time I pull in the clutch I hear a loud grinding noise. Inspected the clutch plates and spring all looked normal. Drained engine oil no signs of metal material persent. Has anyone ever deal with this problem? Thanks...

The banshee in the repair shop. According to the service guy the clutch plates was causing the grinding noise. I hope he's right... don't want to replace a mainshaft.