Removing my tors...Blah blah blah

shogs

I want to remove my tors and am just wondering if i have the process down.

1. Take out brain and cut wires. (Do I unplug from where it connects or just cut them anywhere?)

2. Cut wire from where the throttle is. (I've seen pics so I know where it is)

3. Cut 2 wires beneath where you sync carbs and seal all holes air tight.

Sound about right to you guys?

Just unplug the tors connectors for both units. I would'nt cut the connectors off the wire harness, I would just tape them up and around the harness.

You mean where the "brain" is? Also do I remove the unit from the throttle assembly completely or just cut the wire?

You mean where the "brain" is? Also do I remove the unit from the throttle assembly completely or just cut the wire?

Unplug the caps.

Remove the "brain" (1" x 1" x 1" ish) box under the gas tank.

Disconnect the wires running to the p-brake and throttle.

Cutting the wires to the throttle does absolutely nothing for making it easier on the thumb.

EDIT: What are you asking about a teather? I would recommend a teather kill switch. If that's what you're asking. I had to bail off my bike yesterday, so it didn't flip over on top of me. When I jumped off, the bike sat back down on all four wheels, but stayed running in 3rd gear. Needless to say, I had to run about 30 yards before I caught up with it.

I finished this mod and i like the result i just hope it doesnt make the bike easier to blow the top end or anything like that. Would a kill switch solve the problem of the throttle sticking or when it sticks is it impossible to stop?

why just cut the wires? just to make the bike able to run off and ghost ride into something or someone? I would have thought if your removing the system then it would remove the bulky apparatas atop of the carbs and possible make the thumb throttle a little easier to use. If not then again i ask why? And yes i was thinking a tether on the bars would be away around the ghostriding.

why just cut the wires? just to make the bike able to run off and ghost ride into something or someone? I would have thought if your removing the system then it would remove the bulky apparatas atop of the carbs and possible make the thumb throttle a little easier to use. If not then again i ask why? And yes i was thinking a tether on the bars would be away around the ghostriding.

Yes, we remove the TORS because I like the idea of my bike running off and hitting someone, crashing, whatever.

You answered your own question. It's to remove the bulky TORS system, and make it easy to work on the bikes. Not to mention it malfunctions and fails more often than it should...so why not just take it off?

It doesn't make your top end easier to blow. It's not a governor, it shuts the bike down if your slides stick.

So what do you do if your slides stick and you don't have TORS? Choke it. It will flood and kill the bike.

Get a kill switch w/ a tether too.