o2 tuning clarification

HotCarl

So, A couple of buddies and I chiped in together and bought a wideband o2 senor/data logger. (to tune our cars) We all ride, although they ride 4pokes, and we want to use the o2 on our bikes. For the 4pokes it seems like a no brainer, but from my searching I'm still confused weither it will work very well for the banshee.

Here are my questions that have not been answered from searching:

What is the desired A/F for a 2-stroke?

would the sensor be better located between pipe and the stinger or at the end of the silencer?

if mounted in the stinger, how do you get it in the flow without blocking the flow?

So, A couple of buddies and I chiped in together and bought a wideband o2 senor/data logger. (to tune our cars) We all ride, although they ride 4pokes, and we want to use the o2 on our bikes. For the 4pokes it seems like a no brainer, but from my searching I'm still confused weither it will work very well for the banshee.

Here are my questions that have not been answered from searching:

What is the desired A/F for a 2-stroke?

would the sensor be better located between pipe and the stinger or at the end of the silencer?

if mounted in the stinger, how do you get it in the flow without blocking the flow?

I went throught the same thing a few weeks ago and could never get a straight answer. I bought a K&N A/F meter but never installed it. Ended up doing it the old fashioned way, trial and error. Listed all my mods and listened to the feed back. Make sure you are listening to someone on here with the same mods you have and some experience.

I went throught the same thing a few weeks ago and could never get a straight answer. I bought a K&N A/F meter but never installed it. Ended up doing it the old fashioned way, trial and error. Listed all my mods and listened to the feed back. Make sure you are listening to someone on here with the same mods you have and some experience.

Not a great idea to use an o2 on a 2stroke. Oil in the gas will ruin them.

Not a great idea to use an o2 on a 2stroke. Oil in the gas will ruin them.

not anymore then leaded gas. Even with oil or leaded gas you can expect to get 50-500 hours of use out of an o2 sensor (taken from the o2 sensor manufacture) . And for tuning that is a lifetime.

I'm not looking for this to take the place of a plug chop, we have it and I would like to use to so I can see how changes I have made effect the a/f.