I got my KFX450 dyno tuned

Titan up

Nice. Do you know how your kawi compares to, lets say, a YFZ 450 with pipe, intake and jetted? Are they comparable numbers with the same bolt on's? So basically will a fuel injected bike make more hp with pipe and intake than a carburated bike?

All the jap 450's make about the same HP. At the dunes last weekend my KFX was noticibly quicker (about 5-6 bike lengths through 5th gear) than my buddies 08LTR, 06YFZ and 06TRX which they all have slip on's and K&N filters with stock intake tube with lid removed. With full exhaust and after market intake tube like I have, I'd imagine they would be right with me. I don't think the fuel injection would make any more power over a carburated bike, the FI just makes it more consistent at different elevations and temps.

ive got a yfz with intake pipe and jets and raced a guy with a kawi with similar set up, dasa pipe fci and don't know what kind of intake but he also had cams. i guess he was a bad rider because i would beat him by about a bikes length. im shure that thing had more in it for sure. nice bike man. you need to get some more pics with than new pipe on.

What did he say was causing the choppy up and down graph line at max hp on your chart?

Good question. I have an untrained eye when it comes to looking at dyno graghs.

I emailed them asking this question and heres the reply.

"It is due to the sensitivity of the Dyno and how it measures. it measures the speed of the rotating drum twice per every revolution and between some of the measurements the motor may have an extra engine pulse + a tire out of balance or round. this is common on a single cylinder running on a sensitive Dyno".