Stock 2000 Banshee W/ T5 pipes

Scrap2000

I'm clueless with where to begin on jetting the carbs. My 2000 Banshee is bone stock with T5 pipes where do I start with. I know right now my plugs are pretty dark in color. Best guess is its to rich there pretty moist too. (Could be the carbs clogged with dirt, the wetness part of the plug) So I haven't taken the carbs off yet to clean them, because I want to jet them as well since there going to be out anyway. Well any advice to get me started in the right direction would be appreciated.

We need more info. Whats your elevation, do you still have your air lid or snorkel. Any idea what your jetting is right know?

Everything is stock still have the stock air box with lid. Carbs are stock...whatever stock jets are on a 2000. Sry i'm not sure what they are stock. My Elevation is between 550ft-650ft (Found the Earthtools site up a few in the forum)

Thanks-

Edited by Scrap2000

Yeah where you live. How far above sea level are you? Do you still have the stock air filter? Did you get a kit from Toomey with the airbox inserts?

I live in central IL 550ft-650ft above sea level. Yes I still have a stock air filter. I bought the quad with the toomey t5's on it. The airbox has little foam inserts in it that's about it, still has a full lid on it.

If the snorkel is still on take that off. Try a 300 main, 25 pilot and 2 turns out on the airscrew. If your buying the jets get 290mains to 310 mains and get 27.5 pilots. Open up those carbs and tell me what you have in it. Also what plugs do you have?

Do you know a good place on the internet to buy jets? Not sure what the snorkel is on the airbox. My plugs are the NGK BR8ES.

300-310 mains. That is way off the list. He is running the full air box with the lid so you shouldn't have anything over 280 main. On top of that he is running a stock filter so those things restrict a lot of air. So 300 mains is no good. I would 260 mains, stock pilots. Get an aftermarket air filter while your at it.

Try www.CPW.com. I think alot of guys use them. The snorkel is the tube that attaches to the airbox lid at the front. Did you open your carbs and see what jats you have yet?

Have not taken carbs apart yet. There a big pain in the arse if I remember from my old banshee. And I dont have a snorkel.

Edited by Scrap2000

how is it running. If its running good then dont touch it. People recommend numbers in which they never tried. Read the plug base ring and see what color it is. I'd look into getting a new airfilter then jet richer.

Its running alright except when its started cold it somewhat bogs. Carbs seem to be clogged leaking gas out of the overflow tubes. When its cold and I try to start it, its a pain takes awhile I think because of the carbs being clogged. But after its warmed up there is no problem 1 kick it fires over. I'm mixing gas 4oz to 1 gallon of gas, if that makes any difference to you. I was trying to buy a K&N airfilter but they didnt have them when I went to pick one up so I wanted to ride and just bought a stocker filter. One more question should I do the T.O.R.S Elimination kit, so i dont have to worry about those things on top of the carbs?

Edited by Scrap2000